Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
55 Reply
Re:Spotlight always on
2023-09-17 14:14:20

@Wayne-TP 

I need this. Woke up to this problem on one camera this morning. While other cameras are fine.

All cameras are using ethernet. But the camera that had the issue with the spotlights on was connected to WiFi before it was connected to ethernet, while the other cameras which are working fine, were never connected to WiFi.

What info do you need to push out beta firmware? 

Options
2023-09-21 22:07:31

@Wayne-TP hello

Options
2023-09-22 10:09:34

Slgz wrote

@Wayne-TP 

I need this. Woke up to this problem on one camera this morning. While other cameras are fine.

All cameras are using ethernet. But the camera that had the issue with the spotlights on was connected to WiFi before it was connected to ethernet, while the other cameras which are working fine, were never connected to WiFi.

What info do you need to push out beta firmware? 

@Slgz Kindly check my reply in the private message. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-09-22 13:34:02

Hi  @Wayne-TP 

Model: Tapo C320WS  

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.05

I need also this.

what info do you need to push out the beta firmware to me to.?

Options
2023-09-25 02:43:46

Wayne-TP wrote

09/22/2023 Update: Beta firmware 1.0.8 with the fixes is now available. Re-direct to the below Solution to apply the beta firmware!

If you encounter an issue where Tapo C320WS V2's Spotlight cannot be turned off, please refer to this Solution The spotlight of Tapo C320WS V2 is permanently on even in bright daylight for troubleshooting.

Here are some key points to consider, which will help you determine if your problem is related to this product issue.

1. Check what's the Night Mode Settings of the camera. (Camera Settings ->Night Mode Settings)

Here are the situations when Tapo C320WS's Spotlight will be turned ON automatically:

a.Spotlight turns on temporarily when the camera detects movement at night (dark environment) in Smart Mode (Night Mode Settings).

Or

b.Spotlight turns on permanently when Full Color Mode is selected in the camera's Night Mode settings and the camera is in Night Mode.

2. Verify whether the camera is currently in Night Mode. If it is on Auto, switch to Day Mode for testing. 

3. Check whether the Spotlight can be turned off manually. <LiveView -> Light Bulb icon>

@bsv Refer to this Solution and send us an email with the product information and your beta firmware request as instructed.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-09-26 10:22:05 - last edited 2023-09-26 10:54:11

@Wayne-TP  I have the same issue. I have sent you a private message with my device details. Thank you!

Options
2023-10-05 15:50:17

@Atheos 

The only way I was able to turn off the Lights was reset the Cam. I've had to oben SD card slot and hold the reset button for a few seconds. After the reset it was like a new camera and I hat to do the whole setup again. After the setup it was back in my app and the light was off. 

Greetings from Germany 

Richi

Options
2023-10-05 15:54:41

@StephanRichi if you remove it from the app it will reset the camera in the same way but save you taking the cover off to reset it 

Options
2023-10-30 17:34:35

@Wayne-TP Where is that firmware???

I have C320WS 2.0 

Options
2023-10-30 18:01:58

@Atheos it's a known fault, only way to fix is to reset (deleting it via the app) but then you'll have to put all your settings back on 

Options
Related Articles