Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
55 Reply
Re:Spotlight always on
2023-08-25 08:18:16

@Tazdall 

Can you check which version of your C320WS is having this issue? V1 or V2?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-29 18:34:00

@Craven Yes, I have tried all the proposed solutions. Hard reset did work for a while but a week later the spotlight si 24/7 on and no way to close it unless I completly unplug it. The only difference is that the Tapo wifi is no longer active.

Options
2023-08-30 11:13:21

Hi everyone! We might have an updated news on this problem, please check whether you fall below scenarios.

Case One: Camera is equipped with an SD card. >>Try to remove the SD card when the problem occurs, check if the spotlight will be turned off after the SD card is removed. 

Case Two: Camera remote control works but the LED shows solid orange instead of solid green. 

If your Tapo C320WS meets the phenomenon described above, factory reset the camera can help solve this problem.

>> How to factory reset Tapo C320WS: Press and hold the RESET button for 10s.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-30 11:34:36

@Wayne-TP removing the SD card on an outdoor mounted camera is hardly practical!

It is clearly a firmware/software issue given factory resetting it fixes the issue temporarily. I have 5 of these cameras and 3 of them have the same issue, whilst factory resetting them resolves the issue temporarily it also means having to input all the settings again!

Options
2023-09-02 15:10:21 - last edited 2023-09-02 15:10:40

@Wayne-TP 

Te issue happened yesterday to one of my cameras again. I came my home at night and the first thing that I saw was a camera with the Spotlight on, when I checked the app I notice that it had more than 5 hours without recording and i don't know why.

The cameras are supposed to be recording and they will notify me of any movement to my phone, so I could leave my home calmly, but how can I trust now if this problem happens more frequently.

In my case it was the case two, there was a solid orange led, and as always the factory reset solved the issue, but that implies to reset al the setting again (private zones, alarms, movement sensibility, night mode, recording schedule, etc) each time I need to do a factory reset, and now multiply that by my 4 cameras, it's annoying 

if I had known that I was going to do a factory reset weekly, I wouldn't have bought these cameras.

Options
2023-09-11 17:02:31
Hi there, for me Case One occured. But what could be the next step? I don't see any point in running the camera without SD card or resetting it from time to time, then it simply does not work properly.
Options
2023-09-11 17:23:28

@JuanGaVS same issue here, but expect poor customer service from TP-Link, their customer service is appalling 

Options
2023-09-11 17:24:48
Don't expect too much assistance from TP-Link as their customer service is appalling, if you bought them via Amazon you should be able to return them.
Options
2023-09-11 17:26:49

@Wayne-TP is there a proper solution or are TP-link expecting customers to remove the memory card? Abit pointless having a camera that doesn't record. Also not particularly helpful repeatedly resetting the camera.

Options
2023-09-12 11:48:45 - last edited 2023-09-12 11:49:41

Good news! Recently, a new version of beta firmware (version 1.0.8) has been released with the relevant fix for this issue. Several users have already reported that it resolves the problem. Most people in this thread may not have tried this firmware yet.

If you would like to be get an early access to it, please feel free to send me a private message with your device information, and I will create a support ticket specifically for addressing this issue.

Options
Related Articles