Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
55 Reply
Re:Spotlight always on
2023-08-11 21:38:44

@Craven unfortunately the "customer service" and "technical support" is very poor, which is surprising as it's a well established brand. 

I've had this happen to 3 of the 5 C320WS cameras (I bought a 6th as a spare to swap when one fails whilst I await them to exchange under warranty, which also takes longer than it should)

However, I have found the only thing that works is to factory reset the camera, which gets it working but it's random how long before the issue reocurrs

Options
2023-08-13 11:33:09

I had the same problem with spotlight turned on permanently last week following two short power cuts, and after support couldn't resolve the issue via chat, email (24hr wait between them) or beta firmware, took matters into my own hands and reset/removed and reinstalled the C320WS via the app (not reset button)

This fixed it (at least for now... doesn't inspire confidence)

Options
2023-08-13 11:47:30 - last edited 2023-08-13 11:47:52

@robfol agree with you on that, had 3 of mine do the same but tp-link don't have a clue. one camera has done it multiple times but it's been going about a week so far without issue following the last reset

Options
2023-08-13 12:13:15 - last edited 2023-08-13 12:14:10

@robfol 

Removing and reinstalling the camera from the APP (I am also using Tapo Beta app) worked as you said.

Thank you because I thought that I had to use the ladder to get up there and do a hard reset and as I said I really straggled to install it just because I am getting vertigo with heights. Luckily I am pretty handy and I could install it in less than a minute but still on just the thought that I had to go up there in the corner of my balcony....

Thank you guys again for the advice!

Options
2023-08-14 18:10:01

@Craven 

I have the exact issues with my CW320WS.l 2.0. The spotlight is always on and the proposed solution is not working for me. I also have the hotspot in my Wi-Fi list.

Firmware version 1.0.5 build 230316

Options
2023-08-14 23:01:38 - last edited 2023-08-15 12:06:58

@energiya Have you tried to do the following steps?

1) Remove the camera from the application (not reset)

2) unplug the camera from the electrical outlet and plug it again after a few seconds

3) wait until the led on the camera starts flashing red and green successively

4) add the camera from the app and follow the instructions.

If you dont do the steps 2 and 3 you wont be able to add the camera back.

Options
2023-08-15 11:18:16

@MohammedU_123 @energiya @Craven 

Regarding this matter, we have a beta firmware version that offers a potential solution. Have you considered applying for the beta firmware test by following the instructions provided in this Solution article? The spotlight of Tapo C320WS V2 is permanently on even in bright daylight

While a few instances have been reported where the beta firmware did not fully resolve the issue, we are actively collecting device logs for more in-depth analysis. 

@robfol  Can you refer to this guidance to export the debug logs and forward them to our support team via your previous support ticket?  How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-24 16:54:21

@energiya are you guys still suffering the same problem?kindly share the solution...or any way to return this tapo device as it's of no use as it was intended for

Options
2023-08-24 17:14:28

@ASB8687 factory reset from the app but you will have to put all the settings back in works. 

If you bought it from Amazon you should have some luck returning it, but if it was directly from TP-Link then judging by the "customer service" I received you'll have more luck getting blood out of a stone.

Options
2023-08-24 17:36:16

@Wayne-TP this is the way. I  same problem and the only way to fix it was doing a hard factory reset.

Options
Related Articles