Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Spotlight always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
55 Reply
Re:Spotlight always on
2023-11-14 19:54:11

@rcarlucci if you provide tp link the Mac address for the camera they can push the update, otherwise easiest thing to do is remove the camera from the app and set it up again.

Options
2023-11-14 23:12:14

hi @MohammedU_123 thank you very much for the tip =)

I already sent them the MAC address on a private message. Did ou have the same issue?

Options
2023-11-15 03:54:58

@rcarlucci 

Hi,
I have sent the new firmware to your camera, and you can update the firmware via the Tapo app, then please check if it helps.
How to update the firmware of the Tapo & Kasa devices on the Tapo App?
Note: please ensure your camera is online to receive the new firmware.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-16 08:56:37
Hi, As I said before I have the c320ws and had the issue with the spotlight as well. I have updated to the new firmware since day one and now I am experiencing a new Issue, the device goes offline every xx hours and I have to unplug it and plug it again. The strange thing is that even if the app is indicating that the device is offline and even if the camera it self has the red light on, meaning that it is indeed offline, I still can see live picture from the rtsp stream, so I am guessing that this is a new bug introduced with this new firmware. Firmware is 1.0.10 Build 231102 Rel.66223n and the camera is v2 I am informing you about this here since it is related with this new firmware that solves the spotlight issue, if you need me to write this somewhere else, please tell me so.
Options
2023-11-16 09:57:03

@Craven 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. The problem looks like your camera is connected to your home Wi-Fi network and obtains an IP address but has no internet access. It's hard to say the issue is on the camera, and you can reboot the camera and your router for a try.
It's recommended to Start a New Thread to report the issue if the problem remains, and we will follow up on it.
Best Regards

Options
Related Articles