TP-Link Kasa Smart Switches a little warm to touch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-02 11:13:44

I installed some wifi smart switches and I'm happy with them overall. However, I notice they're a little warmer to touch compare to the non-smart switches. Is it normal for smart switches to be warmer?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link Kasa Smart Switches a little warm to touch
2023-01-03 01:38:36

@NatwanTilembar

When browsing some electrician website online, you can find it's normal for light switches, particularly dimmers, to feel a little warm when the lights are on.

It should be fine if its feels ' warm' but be careful when they feels 'hot'.

Options
Re:TP-Link Kasa Smart Switches a little warm to touch
2023-01-03 05:56:58

NatwanTilembar wrote

I installed some wifi smart switches and I'm happy with them overall. However, I notice they're a little warmer to touch compare to the non-smart switches. Is it normal for smart switches to be warmer?

@NatwanTilembar .. I'm not an electrician, but curious ... what load is the switch carrying...

1. How many bulbs

2. What type of bulbs

3. Total / sum watts of all the bulbs

I've learned through DIY experience.. that you sometimes need to consider all aspects of a device and subsequent upgrades..  since old switches were designed / rated for bulb / lighting technology of its generation.   Older bulbs generally require / consume more energy you need to be mindful that your switches are rated appropriately for the lighting wattage it is to control.   What often helps is also upgrading the bulbs with the fixture...  Appropriate colour temp bulbs and dimmable, etc.

Cheers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1060

Replies: 2

Related Articles