Smart Plug HS103V5 *partially* turns light on, then has full brightness after about 30 seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Plug HS103V5 *partially* turns light on, then has full brightness after about 30 seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-15 13:21:57
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0

I have a HS103 with a small desk lamp hooked in, using a ~9W LED bulb. Regardless of whether or not I turn on the light with Alexa or the Kasa app, the light almost always turns on in a "dimmed" state, like it's not getting full power. It typically takes about 30 seconds, and then the lamp appears to be given full power and is brightly lit. When I try to update the firmware, it says there are no updates. The strange thing is that I have 4 of these plugs, each bought in 2-packs, and of the 4 this is the only one that says it has Firmware Version 5.0. The others have version 3.0.

I also noticed that when I use Alexa Show to turn on the lamp, the icon for the smart device is in a "loading" state while it is dim. It eventually stops spinning once the light is bright. Seems possible it could be a network issue.

- I'm on a mesh network (Eero)

- WiFi signal is 1 bar from full

Device info:

Model: HS103

Hardware Version: 5.0

Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Can provide MAC address if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Plug HS103V5 *partially* turns light on, then has full brightness after about 30 seconds
2021-12-16 11:57:35

Good day@Morningrise8 

Thank you for your detailed post. For your concern:
1. Please try to turn on the Led when plugged into an ordinary wall socket, make sure it could be properly turn on
2. Swap a different bulb on that HS103 V5 (a different manufacture if possible)

Can you help provide some information here: 
1.  Model of Led bulb & Can I have a link of the Led
2. MAC address of  smart plug, please share by private message

3. A short video showing the issue

Many thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles