Download/Backup SD recordings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 02:24:02
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This is a great value camera. I have multiple Nest cameras that I'm willing to ditch due to the initial cost and subscription costs, and performance issues with uploading everything to the cloud. 

The only feature blocking me from buying many more Tapo cameras is the inability to download or automatically backup SD Card footage.

Needing physical access to go remove the SD Card from the camera and plug it in to a computer and mess around is not a 21st century solution...

You can already view the SD content on the Mobile app, how hard is to just add a Download button that would at least allow storing it on the phone? This seems like it should be trivial, and would unblock a lot more purchases of the camera.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Download/Backup SD recordings
2021-08-17 03:39:19 - last edited 2021-08-17 03:39:57

@SomePerson  Hello, 

Tapo Camera does not support download video clips in Playback(saved in SD card) directly in the app, or back up the content of SD card directly. Currently only manually recorded video clips saved in the Memory could be saved on the phone. 

Thank you for your suggestions, we would record your feedback first for further evaluation. 

Options