New Tapo TC70 camera - initially set up working - then I updated firmware now not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Tapo TC70 camera - initially set up working - then I updated firmware now not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 11:37:49
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest as per update method

Hi

I have NEW Tapo TC70(EU) camera - initially set up working - then I updated firmware within couple of hours having it working. It rebooted post FW update and did not show as active in the application.

I decided to remove camera for the Android App, tried re adding and the camera cannot see my wireless network which is within 2 feet of wireless router which work perfectly with other devices, including android smartphone. The issue is with the camera post firmware update cannot see the home wireless network. I reset the camera with the reset button and tried again, same issue, repeated process many times, powering off the camera as well.

Tried manual connect to wireless option using "Other Network" option - entering SSID and Password manually. Issue still persisted.

The camera in all cases shows the red/green flashing light through the set up process.

I work in IT for 30 years, please advise steps to get this working, thanks.

Regards

MorphesuXI 

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Tapo TC70 camera - initially set up working - then I updated firmware now not working
2021-07-28 08:42:50

@MorpheusXI  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed post.  May I know was TC70 able to see any WiFi signal from your neighbors when scan for the SSID? 

You could create a 2.4Ghz Hotspot Wi-Fi on the phone and see if camera could detect the signal. 

Please change a different WiFi channel for router's 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi among Channel 1-11.

When you factory reset the camera, does it still respond to a factory reset? Thanks. 

RESET: with camera powered on,press and hold the reset button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red to reset your camera.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1510

Replies: 1

Related Articles