TP-LINK_SmartPlug WiFi network not visible when connecting via Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-01 17:11:47
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've had this plug for years with no problems.  Today I got a new router (WiFi hub FAST 5364-3.TB) & am having trouble adding the device again via Kasa app.  I'm using iOS, so the instructions on both website & the Kasa app say I should connect to the TP-LINK_SmartPlug_XXXX WiFi network - this network doesn't come up on my iPhone.  Despite lots of trying, and moving the plug nearer the router with my phone directly beside it, I can't connect to the plug anymore.

Are my plug & router no longer compatible?

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK_SmartPlug WiFi network not visible when connecting via Kasa app
2020-10-01 20:02:10

@DUFFY-PUFFY 

hi, it seems to have both available, but my other devices are connected on 5ghz network.

Thanks

Options
Re:TP-LINK_SmartPlug WiFi network not visible when connecting via Kasa app
2020-10-01 23:15:21
Finding the smart plug's setup wifi has nothing to do with your new router so it's not a compatibility issue. Sounds more like you may not have reset the plug properly, it may be worth double checking the instructions and trying again. It can take up to a minute or so for it to start broadcasting.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 2

Related Articles