LB-100 installation wifi issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-15 04:58:34

In installing the light, I've used a number of different wifi configs, but the new appartment I just moved into has an in-browser prompt after a password is accepted. How might the bulb accept the network? Alexa brought up the prompt in browser when I was setting her up but the bulb appears to connect (rgb cycles) but then fails to install.

Options
3 Reply
Re:LB-100 installation wifi issues
2019-01-15 06:56:59

Hi,

Currently TPLink smart home products only support WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryptions. Portal and WPA/WPA2 enterprise are not supported.

It seems the Wi-Fi in your apartment is portal Wi-Fi since it requires you log in from web browser to get internet connection. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:LB-100 installation wifi issues
2019-01-15 19:18:53

Just looked into it and it looks like its WPA2 PSK although I'm not sure that changes much. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:LB-100 installation wifi issues
2019-01-16 07:18:13

If it's WPA2 PSK, it should not have that in-browser prompt. So I recommend you to confirm with the provider.

When you set up the LB100, it only asks you to enter the wireless password in the App interface. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 951

Replies: 3

Related Articles