Use TP-Link without Kasa app.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-17 08:01:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi to all,
I want to use that socket in an environment where there is no internet but some wlan, that is not connected so the internet. I think to remember that at least to use this sockets, you should be able to register them to Kasa and I think it does need a connection to the net. Such will not be supportet in a place where we have to look to get self made power. But I would like to be able to use the socket and there for I ask for an API or a protocol that is will make the socket remoteable from an other PC, tool or what ever. I would like something without bidirectional communication but I am able to write some code to get a protocol installed on on of the machines around so that it isn't a problem if the communication must be bedirectional for a command.

Only thing I don't like is to buy and found out that it isn't working at all, because of a missing connection to the Ethernet. And I even don't like the idea of a spy in my house as well, where I've got ethernet. But I don't want to tell someone else that I use such kind of sockets. If they use kasa, anybody who is clever will know that maybe.

Best thin was as I used a different Product to test and found out, that I was not able to use it in a subnet even if there was ethernet, becaus it was recognising, its not direkt in the ethernet and I thought by recognising that, that no one must know where to find a socket, so I don't like the idea to spread that information to even the supporter if I do it not in a way that I know precise to whom I give it.

Hope the socket is working without internet becaus that will make it work for me and lots of my customers to, who are very sensitive to security aspects.

best regards

Andreas B.:rolleyes:
Options
1 Reply
Re:Use TP-Link without Kasa app.
2018-03-19 15:27:49
i don't think tp-link will provide api. but you can searh on the github. There are some info about api of all vendors, you can try to have a search and find something.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 1

Related Articles