Making a regulator for an electric oven

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-21 20:16:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I haven't yet purchased this item, because I was wondering whether or not it is suitable for my needs.

I want to make a regulator for an electric oven (as already mentioned). In order to do so, I have a digital thermometer set up to an Arduino. When the temperature drops to a lower threshold, I want to send a signal to the smart plug - which then enables the switch, which in turn gives current to the oven. When the temperature reaches an upper threshold, the signal should be reversed, and the plug should disable the current flow.
Now, I haven't been able to test your app for the required functionality, because I don't own the plug yet. However, I don't presume the app allows input from a third party thermometer thingy.
The question is this reduced to; is it possible for me to bypass the app in order to control the smart plug as I want? Do you have any tips or tricks for how to accomplish such a task? I appreciate all help I can get.

Apologies for any spelling errors or cumbersome formulations; English is not my native language.

Best regards,
Ludwig2
Options
2 Reply
Re:Making a regulator for an electric oven
2017-11-22 20:43:49
Hi, I don't think this would be work with the smart plug.
Options
Re:Making a regulator for an electric oven
2017-11-22 22:30:09
You could use IFTTT or perhaps an aftermarket app to bypass kasa. But it sounds a bit dangerous, esp with IFTTT as it's not 100% reliable and sometimes slow - so you need a contingency for the case when the "off" command is missed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 2

Related Articles