Area Intrusion

Area Intrusion

Area Intrusion
Area Intrusion
a week ago
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Any suggestions as to why the Activity Zones don't seem to work? I have two zones set up so that the top left corner of the camera's field of view, which catches the road, is supposed to be excluded. I get regular alerts but all I can see is a car driving by in the supposedly excluded area. Ami doing something wrong?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Area Intrusion
Monday

@Derek_M16 

Hi,
The problem is related to the camera settings and the actual events. Please confirm:
1. Go to the Tapo app > Camera's Device Settings > Detection page, and send me the enabled detection types page and the activity zone settings.
2. Can you share a video showing the car out of the activity zone triggers the camera's detection feature?
Best Regards

Options
Monday

@Solla-topee I have 5 options for Detection. Motion, Person and Line Crossing are Off. Area Intrusion and Camera Tampering are On. I went to the Activity Zone to take a picture for you, and the Zones have disappeared, I don't have any despite setting them up.

I have now set up the Zones again as per the photo below. I will wait and try to get some camera footage.

Options
Monday

@Derek_M16 

Hi,
Thank you for your information and attempt.
For the activity zone settings disappear issue, please pay attention to whether you have used the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app > Cameras tab.
Best Regards

Options
Monday

@Solla-topee I had the camera set in home mode. I have just moved to away mode and back again to home whilst checking which mode it was in. I also set it into privacy mode accidentally, and then put it back.

I now have a completely different detection zone: 

Options
Tuesday

@Derek_M16 

Hi,
The Away mode and the Home mode are two different sets of Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings for Tapo cameras. You can tap the button on the Tapo app > Cameras tab to quickly apply the preset settings to the cameras when you are home or away, and the settings in the Home/Away mode will overwrite the current settings.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo&Kasa Cameras on the Tapo app

In your case, it's recommended to check if the detection settings for your camera in the Home/Away mode are correct.

Best Regards

Options