Weird WAN LED when LED is turned off in settings

3 weeks ago
Model: ER706W-4G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.02.20231129.15468

I have a weird issue when LED is turned off in Web gui settings it seems after a scheduled router reboot (i assume when it happens ) the router comes up with all LED lights off except for the ethernet connected WAN port. Is there a possible fix available through firmware perhaps? I see my FW version is from November 2023 but firmware update checks find nothing newer.

Or is there something else to correct this so that this LED remains off if LED selection is turned off,

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Weird WAN LED when LED is turned off in settings
3 weeks ago

Hi @FiGgS 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Upgrade the firmware first.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/er706w-4g/#Firmware

The latest one was released on Aug. For the wireless product, please make sure you are downloading the correct version for your country.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A Firstly thank you for rhe reply but the link you sent me leads me to the firmware version i am currently running and there is no beta firmware for my AU variant i only see it for EU and for Omada Controller. I am running stand alone.

Thanks.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @FiGgS 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

FiGgS wrote

@Clive_A Firstly thank you for rhe reply but the link you sent me leads me to the firmware version i am currently running and there is no beta firmware for my AU variant i only see it for EU and for Omada Controller. I am running stand alone.

Thanks.

If you are using (EU) version, go to the /en/ site to download the latest one. If you are using the (US), go to the /us/ to check if there is any up-to-date firmware.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 3

Related Articles