IFTTT Tapo camera trigger with "Send photo" or "Send video" Telegram action

2024-08-20 06:55:24 - last edited 2024-08-27 04:03:02
Tags: #IFTTT
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

I am trying to use IFTTT to integrate Tapo camera with Telegram. I can successfully use the Tapo applet to use the "Camera Person Detected" trigger and use the "Send message" action on the Telegram applet to send a text message.

However, I am trying to use the "Send photo" and "Send video" actions on the Telegram applet, but it requires a Photo URL field and I don't know what to insert there? I am assuming this would be a link of where the photo or the video that the camera created was uploaded on Tapo Care? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IFTTT Tapo camera trigger with "Send photo" or "Send video" Telegram action-Solution
2024-08-27 04:02:34 - last edited 2024-08-27 04:03:02

@karnati8 

RTSP/ONVIF-enabled Tapo cameras adapt the ONVIF protocol Profile S version, which does not include the JPEG Snapshot capability. RTSP protocol does not support retrieving snapshots using a URL either.

If you have interest in a collaboration (for custom functionality), you can contact the local TP-Link team and provide your company information as well as the specific requirements.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:IFTTT Tapo camera trigger with "Send photo" or "Send video" Telegram action
2024-08-22 08:09:04

@karnati8 

Capture snapshot with URL is not supported by the Tapo camera. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-08-22 08:22:57

@Wayne-TP Thanks for responding. Is there any way to communicate a snapshot or video snippet outside of the Tapo app? I am in the security business and is considering using Tapo cameras for my clients. However, all Armed Response companies that my clients use to monitor their cameras require either email, Telegram or WhatsApp notifcation with picure/video. They will not use Tapo app in their control centers as they cannot install apps for each camera vendor out there, which makes sense.

If Tapo cameras do not support picture/video notification outside of the Tapo app, the cameras are useless if you want outside parties to monitor your cameras. It is then only useful in scenarios where the client monitors the cameras themselves through the Tapo app.

Options
Re:IFTTT Tapo camera trigger with "Send photo" or "Send video" Telegram action-Solution
2024-08-27 04:02:34 - last edited 2024-08-27 04:03:02

@karnati8 

RTSP/ONVIF-enabled Tapo cameras adapt the ONVIF protocol Profile S version, which does not include the JPEG Snapshot capability. RTSP protocol does not support retrieving snapshots using a URL either.

If you have interest in a collaboration (for custom functionality), you can contact the local TP-Link team and provide your company information as well as the specific requirements.

Recommended Solution
Options
Wednesday

@Wayne-TP Thank you for your suggestion, however, I doubt that the local TP-Link supplier in South Africa would have the skill and will-power to do it. I have logged a call with them and they were unable to even understand the problem.

Also note that all of this is unnecessary if only the Tapo cameras supported email notification with video or pic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 4

Tags

IFTTT
Related Articles