SG3428 (says v2.30) not booting after power failure

2024-04-29 15:02:20 - last edited 2024-04-30 16:39:37
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.30.0

Hey,

I have a SG3428 on 2.30.0 Build 20231019 Rel.60485   (not sure of HW version at the moment) and it's all managed by my OC200 hardware controller just fine.  I seem to be having issues with it restarting.  For example a power cut of unknown length over the weekend completely knocked it out.  The power light was on but nothing else.  Pulling the power and re-plugging didn't resolve the issue.  I was able to connect to the serial console (I noticed the baud rate had changed from 38400 to 115200).  I did a reboot from there and it restarted and the network came back up fine.  Once it had, the serial console was back to 38400 - so it seems like it's not loading the configured image properly on power-up.

Is there something I should do to enable automatic booting?  I would have expected the Omada controller to handle this but obviously something is not right.

Separately, is there any facility to identify device and hardware revision from the serial number of a TP-Link device (to save me having to take apart a significant portion of my rack)?

Thanks! :)

Options
3 Reply
Re:SG3428 (says v2.30) not booting after power failure
2024-04-30 03:11:49 - last edited 2024-04-30 16:39:37

Hi @Smeeeeee 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Please contact your local support team for troubleshooting on this and RMA-related issues.

So far it looks like a hardware issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-30 16:39:29 - last edited 2024-04-30 16:39:53

I'd appreciate some user thoughts on this because the product is well out of warranty (it came with the building).

It also sounds entirely like a software issue to me - unless some memory has become damaged, which is supposed to store the boot commands or something like that.

Options
2024-05-06 11:01:43

Hi @Smeeeeee 

Smeeeeee wrote

I'd appreciate some user thoughts on this because the product is well out of warranty (it came with the building).

It also sounds entirely like a software issue to me - unless some memory has become damaged, which is supposed to store the boot commands or something like that.

Give this a try?

How to enter the BootUtil Menu to factory reset the switch with the console cable

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 3

Related Articles