i can't reset NC450 in app or via IP address

2024-04-28 00:20:40 - last edited 2024-06-07 05:45:13
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Greetings.
From today I have problems with the tplink app to control 3 nc450 cameras. The app doesn't show me the cameras and asks me for the password. However, when you enter the password, it turns out to be invalid.
I tried to follow the reset instructions but there is something abnormal in the app. It does not work properly.
I deleted app cache and forced quit but nothing.
I reinstalled the app but nothing.
I reset the camera 50 times but nothing.
I can't see my cameras anymore.
The password reset does not happen when you hold down the reset button behind the camera for 5-10 seconds and the user and password admin admin do not work.

Furthermore, I can't connect to the telephone IP from the browser. I tried 4 browsers but the error it gives me is related to certificates:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I don't know how to reset the cameras.
I ask for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:i can't reset NC450 in app or via IP address-Solution
2024-06-07 05:43:41 - last edited 2024-06-07 05:45:13

@Dark-PT 

Hi,

The tpCamera app has not made any changes to the camera configuration process recently. You can try to hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera, and then the tpCamera app will prompt you to set a new login password (please do not use admin) in step 5) when configuring the camera.
How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?

If you do not see the step to set a new login password, perhaps the camera has not been reset successfully. If you are sure the reset operation is correct, it is recommended to refer to the attached instructions to log in to the camera's web UI to change the username and password (if admin/admin is not working when logging in to the camera's web UI, you can try to use the old login password).

If you fail to log in to the web UI, it's suggested to contact your retailer or the local team to check if the camera is under warranty. If not, you can purchase a new camera as per your desire.

Best Regards

File:
NC450 – Change username & password through Web UI (Windows OS).pdfDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:i can't reset NC450 in app or via IP address
2024-04-28 11:46:52

@StevenBritti 

Hi,

You can refer to the UG to reset the camera, and if pressing the reset button for 5 seconds doesn't work, you can try to press the reset button for 10 seconds.

If you have reset the camera successfully, you can refer to the instructions below to configure the camera.

How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP

If not, you can try to contact your retailer or local support to check if the camera is under warranty.

Best Regards

Options
2024-06-06 14:23:44

@StevenBritti 

I'm facing similar problems here with the TPlink app for controlling NC450 cameras. The app does not display the cameras and asks for the password. However, when I enter the password, it is considered invalid.

I tried following the reset instructions, but the app seems to have an issue and doesn't work correctly. I cleared the app cache and forced the app to close, but this didn't solve the problem. I reinstalled the app and restarted the cameras several times, but still, nothing changed. I installed the app on different devices, and the problem persisted!

The password reset doesn't work when holding the reset button on the back of the camera for 5 to 10 seconds, and the default credentials (username: admin, password: admin) do not work.

This problem is occurring simultaneously on all the cameras, which seems to be a case of planned obsolescence.

Options
Re:i can't reset NC450 in app or via IP address-Solution
2024-06-07 05:43:41 - last edited 2024-06-07 05:45:13

@Dark-PT 

Hi,

The tpCamera app has not made any changes to the camera configuration process recently. You can try to hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera, and then the tpCamera app will prompt you to set a new login password (please do not use admin) in step 5) when configuring the camera.
How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?

If you do not see the step to set a new login password, perhaps the camera has not been reset successfully. If you are sure the reset operation is correct, it is recommended to refer to the attached instructions to log in to the camera's web UI to change the username and password (if admin/admin is not working when logging in to the camera's web UI, you can try to use the old login password).

If you fail to log in to the web UI, it's suggested to contact your retailer or the local team to check if the camera is under warranty. If not, you can purchase a new camera as per your desire.

Best Regards

File:
NC450 – Change username & password through Web UI (Windows OS).pdfDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-09 16:13:21

@Solla-topee 

I was able to access the camera settings via the IP:

Example: https://192.168.1.114/index.html

I changed the password and was then able to see the camera in operation at the address:

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/

However, it does not work on the mobile app, and when trying to request the image, it results in: Network error. Please try again later.

It informs that it was not possible to access the camera, returns to the login screen with admin, and any password (even the new one) is not accepted.

Options
2024-06-11 11:53:03

@Dark-PT 

Hi,
In this situation, please help confirm if you can access the camera's web UI(rather than https://www.tplinkcloud.com/) via its IP address and the new login account you configured when failing to log in to the tpCamera app with the new login account.
Best Regards

Options
2024-06-14 20:39:59

@StevenBritti 

I have exactly the same problem with one NC450 which came out of the box brand new. I connect it via Ethernet, I am able to locate it via the app and when i have to put the admin / admin ALWAYS comes back as invalid. I have done the reset million times, tried wirelessly, with wire anything that you can think.

Then I try open the camera's environment throught the browser with the IP and it always comes back this: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH  like the OP mentions.

PLEASE if anybody knows, I am one step before throwing it....

This is very bad...

Options
2024-06-17 12:14:17

@johnaras 

Hi,
You can try the instructions in this thread.
Best Regards

Options
2024-06-18 19:28:55

@StevenBritti Cześć , mam to samo zły i myślę że już nigdy nie skorzystam  z usług tp-link

Options
Friday
You refer to "NC450 – Change username & password through Web UI (Windows OS).pdf". I have tried this, but it is so out of date. Microsoft Edge, latest version Sept 2024 has no references to TLS1.0 security options. Can you suggest how I can change the security settings to allow me to connect to the camera's Web UI using Windows 11 compatible software please?
Options