On the new VLAN I have frequent disconnections

2024-04-19 08:25:16
Model: TL-SG3452  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone and sorry for my english.

I have installed in my network a new TP 3452 switch with IP: 192.168.0.150, I have created a new VLAN (VLAN 10 - 192.168.10.xxx) and it is working but I have the following problem:

During the day the clients that are in the new VLAN10 have frequent momentary disconnections. 
For example: they have a Map drive T: and while it is connected and they see the files and the oracle program communicates normally, suddenly for 1 second there is a disconnection of the map drive T: and the oracle program crashes due to the disconnection.

I have tried to search the Internet for a similar problem but have not found anything. 

Can somebody help me; 
Thank you very much.

Options
1 Reply
Re:On the new VLAN I have frequent disconnections
2024-04-22 02:23:30

Hi @Dimitris_T 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Don't look like a problem with the switch. That's why you don't have similar posts.

I assume it is your physical connection(e.g. cabling), your ISP or software-level misconfig. I would recommend you check these three aspects.

If you believe this is a problem with the switch, do a simple test and let me know if you have trouble:

Two PCs connected to the switch in VLAN 10, ping each other and see if there is any loss.

Also ping the gateway IP and see if you have any losses.

If no to both, you should consider your WAN instead of LAN as switch forwarding is not a problem.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 1

Related Articles