led strip with sensor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

led strip with sensor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
led strip with sensor
led strip with sensor
2024-01-12 09:18:09 - last edited 2024-01-18 03:22:41
Model: Tapo T100   Tapo L900-5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 and 1.1.0

Hi.

I would like power on the light when sensor see me in the night (and I would like the devices dont consume battery during the day).

Problem 1: If I schedule the strip led to be "enabled" at 11PM and switch off at 6AM the strip "switch on" at 11PM. I dont wont it light on but just enabled to receive the signal fron the sensor.

Problem 2: If I correctly set a smart action for the sensor to switch on the strip led from 11PM to 6AM, the sensor continue to detect movement all day long (consuming battery).

Can you help me?

Tnx

Alessandro

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:led strip with sensor-Solution
2024-01-18 03:21:39 - last edited 2024-01-18 03:22:27

@aleurs 

Create an automation rule and set the effective time for the evening to meet your usage needs. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices​​​​​​​

Tapo motion sensor T100's detection function cannot be turned off. The product itself uses a button-type battery with a long battery life, supporting 2 years* of normal use.

*Based on our testing of 50 triggers a day, 25000 triggers in total.

If you don't want to receive detection notifications at certain times, you can set up a notification schedule for the sensor.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:led strip with sensor
2024-01-12 11:41:59

@aleurs 

Not possible to turn of sensor detection I'm afraid. It's been raised before including in this thread last year: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/604078?sortDir=ASC&page=1

One of the ideas I'd floated and would love to see is the ability to turn notifications and sensor detections on/off in exactly the same way that camera recording is done.

Options
Re:led strip with sensor-Solution
2024-01-18 03:21:39 - last edited 2024-01-18 03:22:27

@aleurs 

Create an automation rule and set the effective time for the evening to meet your usage needs. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices​​​​​​​

Tapo motion sensor T100's detection function cannot be turned off. The product itself uses a button-type battery with a long battery life, supporting 2 years* of normal use.

*Based on our testing of 50 triggers a day, 25000 triggers in total.

If you don't want to receive detection notifications at certain times, you can set up a notification schedule for the sensor.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 2

Related Articles