Can I determine which client is having problems?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-04 02:51:20 - last edited 2024-01-04 03:16:46
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Is there any way to determine which client is having connection problems?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can I determine which client is having problems?
2024-01-04 13:28:47

@SteveMann 

Well, you certainly didn't give us much to go on...

Are these standalone 610's, do you have a controller? 

How do you know there are issues..and doesn't that answer your question?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-01-05 19:43:23 - last edited 2024-01-05 19:47:08

@d0ugmac1 I do appreciate the reply.
Please bear with me as I am new to managed networks and Omada, so sometimes I don't know what to ask.  (Dunning-Kreuger effect?)

I just realized that my image of the error in question wasn't on my prior post.  Here is is:

Below is a map (edited in Photoshop to include the unmanaged switch) of my installation. It is a vanilla network with only one LAN but since my network was over 100 clients, my Verizon-supplied router was not able to reliably connect more than 60.  It was time for a more reliable network.

Since this is a single LAN and no need for mapped ports, I bought the TL-SG1210P solely for POE for the EAPs.

At any rate- can you point me in a direction to try to identify which client(s) are throwing all of these Association Failures?  (Or is this normal and can be ignored?)

Options
2024-01-05 20:52:29

@SteveMann 

Of course, thanks for ther extra info!  Here's where I'd look (Logs, Events) and a sample from my own controller:

that will tell you who had an issue and when, as you can see it's somewhat sporadic for the Pixel user below, most likely they are using it from an area of poor coverage, or the network and/or device are going into a sleep mode.  In any event a single failure every few hours is no big deal IMHO.  Obviously you can filter for such specific events, and if you can tie them to a single AP or Wifi channel...that might give you a clue of where to go next.

Options
2024-01-06 05:28:38

@SteveMann Thanks for the feedback.

Curiously, I see no errors in the past month.

Yet my Association Failures count just keeps going up:

The prompt says to go to Insights > Blocked Known Clients, but I get this message when I click on Insights:

Options
2024-01-06 06:11:51

@SteveMann 

Click the 'ALL' button at the top, not just 'ERROR'

Options