VPN Connection (LT2P) to a ER8411 behind a FritzBox 6690

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 18:41:53 - last edited 2023-11-02 18:52:13
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

hope someone can help me. It seems I'm to stupid right now.

Vodafone gave me a FritzBox 6690 to my cable internet access. I've configured it in that way, my ER8411 is realtime-provisioned and also a exposed host. That means all traffic goes directly to my ER8411 - thats whats the description said.

So now I configured on ER8411 a Client-2-Site VPN (LT2P), added a user and added these credentials on my notebook at home.

Btw. I have a static IPv4 (IPv6 is disabled).

My notebook said "cant resolve RAS hostname" on trying to connect.

So... anybody here to advise me how I can enable VPN? Did I miss anything to do?

Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN Connection (LT2P) to a ER8411 behind a FritzBox 6690
2023-11-03 03:07:50

Hi @farew 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

First, this RAS hostname is not an issue with the VPN. It seems to be the Windows issue. We cannot fix that for you.

Second, about the router, do you experience any issues with the VPN? Are you able to ping the IP on the remote server side? Is the tunnel up?

Your last line, does it mean you have not even established a VPN? How to configure PPTP/L2TP client on remote PC

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 1

Related Articles