Votes

Energy Monitoring - Price per kWh Decimal Places

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-23 18:04:30
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 230425 Rel.142542

The current price for my electricity is 30.295 pence (GBP) per kWh. It isn't possible to enter more than 2 decimal places. I should be able to enter £0.30295 but instead I'm stuck with £0.30.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Energy Monitoring - Price per kWh Decimal Places
2023-07-25 03:42:00

@hirenshah 

Having five decimal places seems overly precise to me. I don't think they would make such a modification.

Options
2023-07-25 05:06:19

@GabrielMitch 

There is a clear distinction between products that have and do not have Energy Monitoring.  Consumers pay a premium for products which have Energy Monitoring.  This implies that Energy Monitoring is a key feature, so it isn't unreasonable to expect accuracy.

If it was just my personal preference, I wouldn't have raised this request.  The prices are what they are.  In pence, they have been 3 decimal places for like ever (see attached - obtained from a gov . uk page). In £ that is 5 decimal places, so I should be able to enter £0.30295 instead of being forced to round down to £0.30 or up to £0.31.

Coding wise, it currently works and allowing additional decimal places shouldn't make a difference (From what I can tell, that field has been limited to 2 decimal places).

File:
Electricity_since_1920.xlsDownload
Options
2023-07-28 09:31:42

@hirenshah 

I am not questioning the validity of your needs but rather making a reasonable speculation about the likelihood of them accepting this suggestion. I must say, the extra information you shared is really helpful and could make a difference in getting this idea moving forward.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 680

Replies: 3

Voters 2