Tapo C200 disconnects reconnects frequently after upgrading 1.1.18 to 1.3.6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-10 06:27:44 - last edited 2023-06-11 20:13:08
Tags: #Firmware #C200
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hello,

I have 6 Tapo C200.

They all had the version 1.1.18 then i decided to upgrade them all to 1.3.6. After that this disconnect / reconnect problem starts to occur only for 1 camera.

This is the nearest one to the router approx. 6 meters so Wi-Fi signal is the best one.

C200 LED is permanent green, no red or blinking, no connection lost in local network. But you can not reach to the camera outside the local network, camera seems offline and sometimes later it becomes online. Then it becomes offline again.

When i checked the router logs, i see messages  "connected to network" and "disconnected from network".

1) I reset the camera with the reset button, reconnected but nothing changed. It was working perfect before upgrading.

2) DNS set to Primary DNS 8.8.8.8 ,Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4 

I had the diagnose_log.

Some rows from it;

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 disconnects reconnects frequently after upgrading 1.1.16 to 1.3.6
2023-06-10 17:01:35

@Tolga. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Tapo C200 camera after the firmware upgrade. It can be frustrating when a device starts disconnecting and reconnecting frequently. Based on the information you provided, it seems like the camera is having trouble maintaining a stable connection outside of your local network.

To troubleshoot this issue, I would suggest trying the following steps:

1. Double-check the Wi-Fi signal strength near the camera. Even though it's the nearest to the router, obstacles or interference can still affect the signal quality. If possible, try moving the camera closer to the router temporarily to see if the issue persists.

2. Ensure that the camera's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, new firmware versions can address connectivity issues. You can check for any available firmware updates on the manufacturer's website or through the Tapo app.

3. Verify the settings on your router. Make sure that the camera has a stable IP address assigned to it and that there are no conflicting settings. Additionally, you can try restarting your router to see if it helps establish a better connection.

4. Consider adjusting the DNS settings on your camera. While your router's DNS settings seem fine, the camera might have its own DNS configuration. Check if there's an option to manually set DNS servers in the camera's settings and try using the same DNS addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

5. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try reaching out to Tapo's customer support for further assistance. They might have specific troubleshooting steps or be able to provide insights into the problem you're facing.

Remember, these suggestions are based on my own experience as a fellow user and may not guarantee a solution. However, I hope they help you get closer to resolving the connection problems with your Tapo C200 webcam. Good luck, and I hope you can enjoy uninterrupted usage of your camera soon!

Options
Re:Tapo C200 disconnects reconnects frequently after upgrading 1.1.18 to 1.3.6
2023-06-12 11:18:52

@Tolga. 

Hi,
We have reported the issue to the support engineers, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles