How to transfer a chunk of long continuous recording to SD/PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-18 18:39:43 - last edited 2023-03-18 18:42:47
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I've got a 8 hour continuous recording on my Tapo.

I want to be able to transfer, say 2 hours, of it to my laptop to have a better view of that section of the recording.

At the moment the only way I know of is to go to Playback, find where those two hours start, then click the Record button.

Trouble with that is that I have to wait for 2 hours for it to transfer it all from Playback to Memory.

Is there not a way of telling it the start and end points that you want to transfer to memory without having to sit and wait for all the time in that period to pass?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to transfer a chunk of long continuous recording to SD/PC
2023-03-20 09:57:24

@Gary74 

Thank you for the feedback. It's indeed a good idea to set up a time range to download the SD card video to the phone. As it is not supported at the moment, as a workaround, you can use an SD card reader to export the videos on a computer. 

You can also write a new thread under Feature Request block, other users who also interest in this feature can vote for it. The team will collect the data regularly and forward to the product team for evaluation. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-26 15:24:47

@Wayne-TP "as a workaround, you can use an SD card reader to export the videos on a computer. "

How do you do that?

When I put by SD card into my laptop, all that I can see is MP4 files of either

A) The short clips where it has captured motion, or

B) Clips where after the event, I have gone into "Playback and Memory", got it to play the 2 hour period and clicked the record button and waited 2 hours for it to repeat itself.

I can't see how to watch recordings that haven't been transferred to memory on the app, or in other words, why aren't they straightaway recording to SD Card?

Options
2023-03-28 02:39:02

@Gary74 

Hello. Can you share your SD card Recording Schedule plan here? Did you set it to record continuous recordings for 24 hours? Or just certain periods, while the other time is set to record motion detection videos?

Normally the detection clips will not display individually if the recording schedule is set to record continuous recordings.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 3

Related Articles