Motion Sensitivity Has Dropped Drastically after 1.1.16 FW Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-14 22:12:37 - last edited 2022-04-15 00:44:15
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

I recently updated the firmware of the camera and it seems the camera's motion detection is not longer so sensitive. I have already tried to go into settings and increased the sensitivity level but this did not help.

The sensitivity before this 1.1.16 FW Update was way better. Please roll back to the way motion detection worked with the previous versions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Motion Sensitivity Has Dropped Drastically after 1.1.16 FW Update
2022-04-15 01:15:41

Hello  @skhu 

Thank you for the feedback,I did not see there is any motion detection adjustment on Tapo C210 V1 1.1.16 .

Can you help explain how did you find out the motion detection sensitivity dropped and share some video clips and photos showing the concern. 

1. Check if motion is detected by camera first:  try turning Alarm for cameras and see if Alarm goes off when a motion is detected? 
If motion does not trigger the Alarm,  try to Confirm Motion Detection is 'ON', and  set up proper Activity zone & Sensitivity settings as instruction here
How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app

If the issue persists, can you help provide some information to help look into that further: 

1) the video clip showing the issue (use Tapo APP to manually the video and share video link here )

A photo of Playback timeline at that time. 

2) photo of motion detection settings, Activity Zone & Sensitivity 

3)  Does Alarm go off when motion is detected

If you use Motion detection/Continuous recording, please share photo of Recording Schedule,

4) Mac address of camera( please share MAC by  private message) / Tapo APP version 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 1

Related Articles