Mesh causing issee with EAP 615 device visibility

a week ago - last edited 18 hours ago

I have an OMADA small home and office system. There is  ER605 router, SG2016 switch with OC200 controller. On top there are POE  and LAN connected AP's  : EAP225 located outdoors and EAP615 Wall as internal most loaded one.

That worked fine till your software update with Mesh functionality. Out of sudden topology has changed in such a way that remote outdoor AP become a root AP for most loaded indoor EAP615. Mesh funcionality caused a mess with indoors data speed transmission and all kinds of lags and momentary lack of transmission at all.

When I finally discovered that I  have unmarked Mesh function on Controller site, and that caused even more problems. First EAP615 become a status of Not Connected. So I did a RESET and there was no EAP status change. Additionally I did a FORGET and it completly dissapeared from visibility of OMADA devices. So it is now. Please help me to restore it somehow.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Mesh causing issee with EAP 615 device visibility-Solution
Thursday - last edited 18 hours ago

Hi  @pemiet37 

To manually downgrade firmware, you can go to Config > Manage Device > Browse

And upload the firmware you want to use.

If possible, you may use cables to plug all the EAP units into the switch and disable the mesh function. This will bring a better performance than mesh.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re: Mesh causing issee with EAP 615 device visibility
a week ago

@pemiet37 Certainly word ISSUE is missing here in correct way. that was too fast. 

And also bit more to explain. When outdoors AP is working as a rood or base one than all other APs are only POE powered and all data transmissions goes via 5GHz. In my case it has to pass through all walls and distance to connect with indoors AP's . In such case indoors AP have wireless upstream only resulting with slow indoors transmission to clients.

Options
a week ago

Hi  @pemiet37 

To understand the situation, we first need to know the hardware and firmware versions of your TP-Link products.

Please share a screenshot of the controller's device page.

How do you want the network to work? And what's the status now?

Options
a week ago

@Vincent-TP 

As for technical data please take a look on a screen shots

On-Premises Standard

OC200 v1.0

A8-42-A1-FF-49-18

223B137001581

3 / 0

--

1.31.3 Build 2024

EAP 615 is version 1.0 , serial no. 223b5x2002806

I want to have two AP's working with LAN upstream only. At the moment I have poor signal indoors so I have purchased a new EAP 615, to install maybe even today. The old one will be sent back for warranty case or and/or after repair will be used in another location.

Options
a week ago

@pemiet37 

Some update to current situation. I have marked a Mesh fuction in Controller section Wireless Features. Result was that suddenly indoor EAP 615 Wall become visible and was adopted and connected but again only as repeater of Outdoors EAP 225. This is a bit better but not satisfaying at all. There must be a way to choose which EAP is the base with wired uplink. 

I do need a situation where both EAP's are wired uplink as they used to be some time ago.

Options
a week ago

@pemiet37 

My last udate will be also a question to you. I have managed to connect new purchased EAP 615. I have bought it for test in new area. This one has software version 1.1.7 and stays purely on wired uplink. This is all I want. Is there a chance to downgrade software in my old EAP615? and how to do it?

Options
Re: Mesh causing issee with EAP 615 device visibility-Solution
Thursday - last edited 18 hours ago

Hi  @pemiet37 

To manually downgrade firmware, you can go to Config > Manage Device > Browse

And upload the firmware you want to use.

If possible, you may use cables to plug all the EAP units into the switch and disable the mesh function. This will bring a better performance than mesh.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 6

Related Articles