Impossible to set static WAN ip

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hi all,

why cant we set our WAN to a static ip address?
It keeps saying that there is a conflict with another WAN port, but there is NO other WAN port activated nor enabled since we using only 1 glassfiber 10gbit line.

It drives us crazy and does connect to wan after some hour or sometimes longer! after a power outage like today.
Our provider has told us to set the WAN to static, but like i said we tried everything but it is not possible on Omada.
Never have this issues with a Unifi Controller at my other company.

We can set the wan there to everything we want and that works perfectly, but it's NOT possible on our Omada Controller, whatever we tried.

What to do? It's really not funny.

Hope to see a fix!

Thanks,

Barry

Wan-Ports

Wan-Settings

Options
6 Reply
Re:Impossible to set static WAN ip
2 weeks ago

Hi @Barry1980 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
What's your LAN like?

Controller version?

Set it to dynamic, save, unplug the WAN, and configure it in static IP. Will that work?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

@Clive_A Thanks for answering!

Unplugging the WAN is not easy (its glassfiber with an SFP+ 10G Module), i think the module doesnt like to cut it off directly, but okay..
I taked down the SFP module as well the glass fiber, but it keeps saying the same error after reboot and set it to static.
I think its an bug or something?
I'm NOT using DHCP on the LAN side, that's why the dhcp is turned off and given the 192.168.1.3 as DHCP server.
Anyway, what does a WAN connection has to do with our internal LAN?
I think thats not the core problem here, because we are using also an Unifi controller with same (static/lan settings) on another place, and there everything works like it should.
Omada said there is a conflict between (other) WAN ports, but there is NO other WAN connection active or enabled.

Controller version:

Version Version

WAN-Settings (Changed ip and gateway):
Static Wan

LAN-Settings:
LAN

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @Barry1980 

Barry1980 wrote

@Clive_A Thanks for answering!

Unplugging the WAN is not easy (its glassfiber with an SFP+ 10G Module), i think the module doesnt like to cut it off directly, but okay..
I taked down the SFP module as well the glass fiber, but it keeps saying the same error after reboot and set it to static.
I think its an bug or something?
I'm NOT using DHCP on the LAN side, that's why the dhcp is turned off and given the 192.168.1.3 as DHCP server.
Anyway, what does a WAN connection has to do with our internal LAN?
I think thats not the core problem here, because we are using also an Unifi controller with same (static/lan settings) on another place, and there everything works like it should.
Omada said there is a conflict between (other) WAN ports, but there is NO other WAN connection active or enabled.

Controller version:

Version

WAN-Settings (Changed ip and gateway):

LAN-Settings:

This error was previously confirmed to be a problem where WAN LAN conflicts.

If you can confirm that there is no such a conflict, then it is strange to have this error.

Did you restore any backup before?

I mean does this backup on your controller follow with your controller all the time? If possible, can you reset the router and try again?

If this persists with the router reset, it is something wrong with the controller backup. I think it might need some further diagnosis on the backup or the running log.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Clive_A wrote

Hi @Barry1980 

This error was previously confirmed to be a problem where WAN LAN conflicts.

If you can confirm that there is no such a conflict, then it is strange to have this error.

Did you restore any backup before?

I mean does this backup on your controller follow with your controller all the time? If possible, can you reset the router and try again?

If this persists with the router reset, it is something wrong with the controller backup. I think it might need some further diagnosis on the backup or the running log.

@Clive_A Hi Clive, thanks for answering.
No, i did not restore an backup or something.
I'm using the gateway as new, from box.
I have reset the gateway before, after messing around with some settings and after that the internet was gone.
i did this to test some settings before we going over to the sfp fiber glass line.
Almost everything worked, but some settings resulted in a disconnection on wan,

so when the gateway does not having a internet connection we are not able to change settings after that from omada.
that was the reason for a total reset and forget the gateway from omada to adopt it again..
Since the new adoption and using the glassfiber with the (10g) module, i was not in need to reset it again because everything works, except the static wan.

Question:
My static WAN from our provider uses a subnet of 255.255.255.240, as my internal LAN uses 255.255.255.0. Can this maybe the reason?
If i change the subnet on LAN in Omada to 255.255.255.240, do i need to change all (static) clients and my DHCP server to this 255.255.255.240 as wel?

Do you need more information like log or debug?

Thanks,

Barry

Options

@Clive_A 

Clive,

I think this issue is related to the WAN port issue i have an ongoing ticket for on my 8411 (WAN IPs reporting wrong or duplicate IPs to my modem) which I know you have replicated in your lab and is under investigation (TKID240929172)

As as experiment, i set up a DHCP server with another device on my WAN side to give my WANs a DHCP address rather than setting them as statics, just to see if this resolved my problem - it doesnt by the way....BUT..... when i was finished experimenting I was unable to set the IPs back to statics as i was getting this exact error reported in this thread.

The only way i could reset them back to statics was to disconnect the 8411, set up the static IPs in the controller, factory reset the 8411 then let it get readopeted and reprovisioned.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Any news on this? Or do i really need to upgrade all my hardware back to Unifi again?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 6

Related Articles