Problem adopting ER706W to Omada software controller

2024-09-10 14:54:51 - last edited 2024-09-11 02:15:25
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi. 

I have just bought 1 x ER706W and 2 x EAP670. 

If I configure it without the Omada software controller it seems to work fine. When I configure through the Omada software controller it fails. 
I want to use the Omada software controller for fast roaming, VLAN, etc. (I know I probably need Omada switches to use VLAN?)
I have attached a photo of my setup. There is some POE cameras etc connected as well, but not in the schematic as I don't think it's relevant. 

Typical scenario: 

I reset router.
I access router IP to do first setup, I leave everything default.

I access Omada software controller on Windows PC.

I find the router and 2 AP's

Adopting AP's goes well, and status "Connected". 
Adopting router usually fails, or it will succeed but shortly go to "Disconnected". 

Most of the time the router will stop working during "Provisioning". Both Ethernet and WiFi disappears or will be connected but without internet access. 

When I check the router itself the LED for system will usually light, but sometimes the LED for ports will be off. 

I've spent hours trying to get it working, but getting tired off doing the same reset routine. 

Any suggestions? 

Omada controller software : 5.14.26.1

ER706w firmare : 1.0.4 (upgraded from 1.0.2 after several fails to adopt to controller)

network setup

omada controller

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Problem adopting ER706W to Omada software controller-Solution
2024-09-10 16:15:09 - last edited 2024-09-11 02:15:26

@MR.S 

1. connect controller pc with cable, don't use wifi

This is the way I have it set up.
2. set fixed ip on pc with controller

I set a fixed ip every time. 
3 have you preconfigured the LAN ip on the controller, make sure it is the same ip network as the controller, otherwise you will lose the connection when adopting.

Checked each time for same network. 
4. adopt and enjoy :-)

In the end it seems I have got it working. What I did was: 

• Uninstalled Omada software controller from Windows PC, along with associated files. (This enabled me to adopt again)
  • Reset ER706W
  • Installed Omada software controller again
  • Adopted ER706W - success!
  • Hard reset and power cycle of both EAP670, restarted Omada software controller.
  • Adopted both EAP670 - success!

The EAP670 showed as "Managed by other" naturally. I first tried hard reset and power cycle of only one EAP670 as the other is in the next building, this didn't work. I tried restarting Omada, still didn't work. Only when both EAP670 were reset and power cycled it worked. Could be coincidental, but I will add it in case it can help someone else.  

I now want to change the IP from 192.168.0 to something else like 192.168.10, along with some other things, but I'm almost afraid to touch anything now that it's working 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-09-10 16:26:58 - last edited 2024-09-11 02:15:25

@stole 

good you got it working :-) well change the ip.. i would change the ip let the router provision and when you lose connection with the router i would stoping controller change the ip on the controller and start controller again. You must restart the access points or wait until they get a new IP from the new IP network.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Problem adopting ER706W to Omada software controller
2024-09-10 15:30:31 - last edited 2024-09-10 15:31:22

@stole 

it should be pretty easy,
3 have you preconfigured the LAN ip on the controller, make sure it is the same ip network as the controller, otherwise you will lose the connection when adopting.

Options
2024-09-10 16:15:09 - last edited 2024-09-11 02:15:26

@MR.S 

This is the way I have it set up.

I set a fixed ip every time. 

Checked each time for same network. 

In the end it seems I have got it working. What I did was: 

• Uninstalled Omada software controller from Windows PC, along with associated files. (This enabled me to adopt again)
  • Reset ER706W
  • Installed Omada software controller again
  • Adopted ER706W - success!
  • Hard reset and power cycle of both EAP670, restarted Omada software controller.
  • Adopted both EAP670 - success!

The EAP670 showed as "Managed by other" naturally. I first tried hard reset and power cycle of only one EAP670 as the other is in the next building, this didn't work. I tried restarting Omada, still didn't work. Only when both EAP670 were reset and power cycled it worked. Could be coincidental, but I will add it in case it can help someone else.  

I now want to change the IP from 192.168.0 to something else like 192.168.10, along with some other things, but I'm almost afraid to touch anything now that it's working 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-09-10 16:26:58 - last edited 2024-09-11 02:15:25

@stole 

good you got it working :-) well change the ip.. i would change the ip let the router provision and when you lose connection with the router i would stoping controller change the ip on the controller and start controller again. You must restart the access points or wait until they get a new IP from the new IP network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-09-11 07:10:45

@MR.S 

Done. I just waited for a while until new IP's was assigned, and everything was working yes

Options
2024-09-11 09:21:04

@stole 

yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 5

Related Articles