EAP225 - wifi works on laptop but not on Android devices (both mobiles and TVs)

2024-06-28 09:21:51
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20230224 Rel. 48254(5553)

I have "TP-Link Omada AC1350 Wireless Ceiling Mount Access Point Seamless Roaming,1200 Mbps,Dual_Band, Gigabit, MU-Mimo, Beamforming, Poe Powered, Free PoE Injector, (EAP225) " installed on the wall. The same is connected via PoE adaptor to my Wifi router via LAN cable. When I access the internet using the SSID configured on this EAP, it works perfectly fine on my multiple laptops (both Windows as well as Macbook). However, when I access the same SSID on either my Android phone or on my Google TV, the Wifi shows connected but with no internet. I have tried all combinations but cannot figure this out. Can someone please help?

Options
9 Reply
Re:EAP225 - wifi works on laptop but not on Android devices (both mobiles and TVs)
2024-07-01 07:02:21

@Nohwal 

It should be due to incompatible wireless encryption methods. You can do the following test:

Create a new Test SSID, uncheck 6GHz, and choose the encryption mode as below:

Options
Re:EAP225 - wifi works on laptop but not on Android devices (both mobiles and TVs)
2024-07-02 04:13:28

@Vincent-TP Still doesn't solve my problem. I create a new SSID at 2.4 GHz with the following settings.

Options
2024-07-02 07:34:08

hi, @Nohwal 

Just noticed that you are not using the latest firmware. You can update it first. You can download the latest firmware from this link:

This issue only happen on Andriod's phone and TV? How about IOS? 

What if create a test SSID without a password?

Options
2024-07-02 08:16:02

@Vincent-TP the issue only happens on Android phone and TVs. The internet works perfectly fine on Windows laptops, iPhone and Macbook. Even on Android devices, it shows they are connected to the SSID but there is no internet.

I have also tried with no security but the problem persists.

The latest firmware on TP-Link India's website for my device is EAP225(US)_V5_1.1.3 Build 20230224 which was published on 14th March 2023. When I try to update the firmware with this version, I get the message that the installed firmware is the same version - so it seems to be up-to-date. Any other pointers you could give please?

Options
2024-07-02 09:59:17

Hi  @Nohwal 

That's not the latest firmware.  Please use this link to get the latest firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/eap225/v5/#Firmware

If you are still redirected to India website, you can manually update the URL country code from in to us.

Options
2024-07-03 04:29:12

@Vincent-TP Thanks Vincent. I have now upgraded to the latest firmware version as mentioned by you. So now the things get even murkier from here on. The wifi shows connected, the status shows "No internet" and yet phone has intermittent access to data now. I had made sure to switch off mobile data and any other wifi network in the vicinity. So essentially, the devices now have intermittent access to internet. I have not been able to find a pattern as to when and for how long the connection stays but seems like the mobile now has been able to make an unstable connection with this network now. Any further tips on what could be causing this? Many thanks for your help.

Options
2024-07-03 08:56:32

@Nohwal 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community! To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240706007, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did. Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2 weeks ago

@Vincent-TP Did you ever get this sorted? I have the same issue :'(

Options
a week ago

@MrsBexDE - nopes, I gave up after trying everything.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 9

Related Articles