Omada SDN Controller - Upgrade Issues

2024-04-29 07:08:46 - last edited 2024-06-19 07:36:29
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.9.31

I recently came to note that a new version of firmware is available.  Via the console, when you click the "check" button it prompts that a new revision is available.  It then provides a "download" option, but this only downloads locally.

I SSH to the controller and 'wget https://static.tp-link.com/upload/software/2024/202402/20240227/Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.13.30.8_linux_x64.tar.gz' to downlaod, which all works fine.  The completed the "tar -xf <filename>" to extract, but when running the "install.sh" script, it advises 

Installation start ...
An incompatible controller version has been detected. 

What steps are required?   Any reason the appliance can't download internallly and upgrade, rather than having to do it via the CLI? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada SDN Controller - Upgrade Issues-Solution
2024-06-19 07:31:40 - last edited 2024-06-19 07:37:24

@Shane_M 

Do you now still have this problem?I believe the Linux system's refusal to allow the controller to update is the root of this problem. I advise you to attempt a direct install of the most recent firmware. This is the instruction:How to install Omada SDN controller on Linux system?

You can manually download the firmware from the following link:Firmware Download

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Controller - Upgrade Issues-Solution
2024-06-19 07:31:40 - last edited 2024-06-19 07:37:24

@Shane_M 

Do you now still have this problem?I believe the Linux system's refusal to allow the controller to update is the root of this problem. I advise you to attempt a direct install of the most recent firmware. This is the instruction:How to install Omada SDN controller on Linux system?

You can manually download the firmware from the following link:Firmware Download

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options