Need help setting up an outbound port forward

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 18:50:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Hello im using the Omada software controller and im trying to force Port ***** to only use Wan0 but unable to find a way to do this for outbound using only a port, i have been able to set up certain ips to do this but seems like it would be an easier sollution to force the port since multiple computers are trying to access.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need help setting up an outbound port forward
2023-07-12 02:51:58

Hi @MRobbins 

Can you share more details about your goal?

I am not sure if I understand you right. Are you trying to say that you want to allow just WAN0(which is WAN1 that we usually call that) to allow incoming connection to the port you forwarded?

On the Interface, just select the WAN that you want to open up and allow connection.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-12 04:32:41

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive thank you for your response, i worked with chat to figure out the issue but that didn't work either. So i would like to set my router to direct any outbound traffic using port 44453 which is a game port to only use WAN1. Also im using the Omada software to configure this. 

Options
2023-07-12 06:35:09 - last edited 2023-07-12 06:36:20

@MRobbins 

Then it is how you set it. The interface is where the WAN port's forwarding rule is effective. You can probably try the DMZ. Most gaming requires more than one port.

If you still running into issues, I suggest you read the article we have about troubleshooting port forwarding

Why virtual server (port forwarding) feature is not working on your TP-Link Business router?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 3

Related Articles