EAP110 getting Disconnected status after Adopting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-11 07:12:03 - last edited 2022-09-12 12:38:04
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.4 Build 20220216 Rel. 57495

I purchased the equipment as I found it in the list of Facebook Wifi compatible device. After completing the EAP setup, the facebook authenication is not there. I found that it is available through the Omada Software Controller. I downloaded and installed Omada Controller v5.5.6.

I found the EAP on the list with status of PENDING and clicked the ADOPT button on the right side. The status changed from PENDING to PROVISIONING. I observed that the SSID of the EAP is gone from the list of available wifi connections. After awhile the status of the EAP changed from PROVISIONING to DISCONNECTED.

I then go to the list of the AP devices in the Omada and clicked on the button to FORGET the device. Reset the EAP to factory setting. Now it list the AP again with PENDING status. After clicking the ADOPT button I ended up on the same situation. Status of the AP is DISCONNECTED and the SSID (TP-Link_2.4Ghz_D6242A) is not broadcasted anymore.

Even the SSIDs I created in the Omada Controller is not available. I tried to follow the youtube videos I can find and still getting the same result.  What could I be missing here?

The setup is Broadband Router -> EAP110. I have seen youtube videos where they are able to complete the setup using the Omada Software Controller.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP110 getting Disconnected status after Adopting
2022-09-11 20:05:14 - last edited 2022-09-12 12:38:04

@Jed_A 

Hey

This sounds like the firewall on your software controller.   If you are running the software on a Laptop / Desktop running windows ensure that the correct ports are open on the firewall for the Controller to communicate wtih the AP, what you are describing sounds like the ports are closed

Disabling your firewall for a few mins would test this for you.

Options