EAP215 bridge pairing

EAP215 bridge pairing
EAP215 bridge pairing
a week ago
Tags: #Installation #bridge
Model: EAP215-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04

Similar to somone else on the forum, I had configured an EAP211-kit in my office 5 feet apart, with only 1 unit able to see the intenet directly during setup, and did some testing on connectivity and it worked fine.  I updated the firmware to 1.04 as well.  I disconnected the direct internet connection, and it continued to work.  and did so when I moved it to the field, still without direct internet access.

I repeated that process with the EAP215-kit, and it worked fine until it was moved to the field - the bridges would not connect to each other, even when 5 feet apart.  ended up resetting both devices, and trying to reconnect them using the default method, but the controller would not see both sides of the bridge.

To clarify how it should work, I assume that when the devices are reset, they want to get a DHCP address first, then revert to their "backup" IPs.  I'm also assuming that they can't have the same backup IP when they aren't able to get a DHCP answer.  so my guess is that while neither is connected to a DHCP-network (or any network) i need to log into both devices, change their "backup" IP to something unique, then restart them and see if they will autoconfigure their bridge so they can talk across each other.  is that correct?  Are there any known issues where not getting a DHCP IP is known to cause further problems, even if their backup IPs are different?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP215 bridge pairing
Thursday

@jnewman 

We don't need to configure a fallback IP address for EAP units. They will obtain IP addresses from the DHCP server automatically once plugged into a router.

Below are some guides about EAP bridge KITs for your reference.

How to Set Up the Omada EAP Bridge KIT via Omada SDN Controller

How to install the Omada EAP Bridge KIT (EAP215 Bridge KIT for demonstration)

If still having problems to set up the system, you may contact TP-Link hotline for a real-time help.

Options
Re:EAP215 bridge pairing
Thursday
you didn't read my question. I specifically asked how to configure them when there is no DHCP available - that's why I was asking about backup IPs. I was in a situation where I had set them up normally (when DHCP and the internet was available) then took them to the field (where there is no internet or DHCP) and they would not pair up again, so i reset them and they would not pair back up then either. the EAP211 units worked fine under those same conditions, it appears the EAP215 units have a dependency on DHCP or the internet even after they have been configured that the EAP211 units do not.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles