EAP211 / EAP215 multiple bridges

a week ago - last edited Yesterday
Tags: #Installation #Bridge
Model: EAP215-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04

I've been playing with both the EAP211 and EAP215 kits for bridging - implementing a large-area camera system. 

These devices seem to have great bridge connectivity, and the controller is getting there (I come from the Unifi realm).

I'm curious - can I set up multiple units to connect to a single unit?  Think of it as multiple telephone poles sending back to a single hut.  Is there a limit to the number of extra connections?

I thought I saw somewhere in the controller software somewhere today that 1/5 connections were used (while trying to pair of EAPs).  But I did not find a "bridge" section that indicated I change those specific settings.

Would I have to do it by setting up on pair in the default way, then access the 3rd unit directly, and manually connect it to the hut EAP, then do the same for the 4th, 5th, etc?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP211 / EAP215 multiple bridges-Solution

Hi  @jnewman 

One KIT of EAP211 / EAP215-Bridge can auto pair with each other.

After connecting one EAP from KIT to the main Router, once the other EAP from the KIT is plugged in power, the 2 EAPs will automatically be paired and create a Mesh network after 2~3 minutes. During the pairing process, the 3 signal LEDs on 2 EAPs will be lit up.

To add more sub-units, you can log into the web->Management->Wireless Bridge Aps->click on “Add Sub-AP”, the main EAP will auto-scan the sub-EAPs around it and then auto add them to the mesh network, without requiring to put in the login password of the sub EAPs.

And only 4 Sub EAPs can be added at most.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP211 / EAP215 multiple bridges-Solution

Hi  @jnewman 

One KIT of EAP211 / EAP215-Bridge can auto pair with each other.

After connecting one EAP from KIT to the main Router, once the other EAP from the KIT is plugged in power, the 2 EAPs will automatically be paired and create a Mesh network after 2~3 minutes. During the pairing process, the 3 signal LEDs on 2 EAPs will be lit up.

To add more sub-units, you can log into the web->Management->Wireless Bridge Aps->click on “Add Sub-AP”, the main EAP will auto-scan the sub-EAPs around it and then auto add them to the mesh network, without requiring to put in the login password of the sub EAPs.

And only 4 Sub EAPs can be added at most.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP211 / EAP215 multiple bridges
Thursday
thanks - i'll order some more and give that a test.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 64

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles