ER605 UN V2.0 random reboot itself

Tuesday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.5 Build 20240522 Rel.75860

Greetings!

I bought this product for advanced home network solution, because this type has those features I prefer. I've previosuly checked the feautres in tp-link simulator so could easily decide to buy this type for my home network as primary device. I use it without the OMADA features, as a standalone VPN router.
I've succesfully updated to the latest firmware by following update instructions in the download center related to it's hardware version and region. Until few weeks earlier I recognised that, the router randomly reboot itself. Tried to hard reset, then reconfigure it from zero by using different parameters, but after a while the random reboot still persist.
The question is why?
I've hard reseted many times, have not set reboot schedule and the random reboot is not repeat itself in a unique time period, it is full randomly occur. Soemtimes very often, sometimes after few days repeats. In the system log there are no related informations appear.

Thanks in advance for help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 UN V2.0 random reboot itself
Tuesday

@pgabora OK! Somehow I've missed the 2.2.5 wasn't the latest update. I've now updated to 2.2.6 and wait if the problem appear again. Excuse me!

Options
Re:ER605 UN V2.0 random reboot itself
Wednesday

Hi @pgabora 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
If it randomly reboots, it should be a hardware or power issue. If you did not set a reboot schedule. Anyway, it is rare to see random reboot issues.

If you are using the original power adapter, you can consider returning this and getting a new one from your retailer.

This is based on the assumption that you got this unit recently, not second-hand. You should do well with the exchange with your vendor.

If this persists with the new hardware, it should be a problem with your configuration somehow it triggers some kind of mechanism. By that time, we will discuss more.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 2

Related Articles