bought and rec'd TL-SG1016DE but firmware is for TL-SG108E 6.0
bought and rec'd TL-SG1016DE but firmware is for TL-SG108E 6.0
Sunday - last edited Yesterday
Model: TL-SG1016DE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20211209 Rel.52369
Firmware Version 1.0.0 Build 20211209 Rel.52369
Hardware Version TL-SG108E 6.0

The TL-SG1016DE is printed on the front of the box and there are 16 ports on the device.  However the firmware clearly says it is TL-SG108E and there are only 8 definable ports.  I have not done any updates.

Can I just find and upload the firmware TL-SG1016DE version 7.6? firmware?   Please advise.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:bought and rec'd TL-SG1016DE but firmware is for TL-SG108E 6.0-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @chrisjx 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

chrisjx wrote

The TL-SG1016DE is printed on the front of the box and there are 16 ports on the device.  However the firmware clearly says it is TL-SG108E and there are only 8 definable ports.  I have not done any updates.

Can I just find and upload the firmware TL-SG1016DE version 7.6? firmware?   Please advise.

So it is a physical 16-port switch but the admin interface says it is a SG108E 6.0? Do you have a picture of the S/N number and label of it?

That's really strange.

Several ways for you to go:

1. Consider returning this to your retailer. This might be a problem with the device and the local after-sales team will take care of that.

2. Upgrade with the correct firmware and see if it can be amended. If this does not work, follow advice 1.

You can only upgrade to the firmware of what the physical label says. I don't think you can upgrade to 7.6 if your hardware does not say it is 7.0 or 7.6.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:bought and rec'd TL-SG1016DE but firmware is for TL-SG108E 6.0-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @chrisjx 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

chrisjx wrote

So it is a physical 16-port switch but the admin interface says it is a SG108E 6.0? Do you have a picture of the S/N number and label of it?

That's really strange.

Several ways for you to go:

1. Consider returning this to your retailer. This might be a problem with the device and the local after-sales team will take care of that.

2. Upgrade with the correct firmware and see if it can be amended. If this does not work, follow advice 1.

You can only upgrade to the firmware of what the physical label says. I don't think you can upgrade to 7.6 if your hardware does not say it is 7.0 or 7.6.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 42

Replies: 1

Related Articles