Votes

Camera or doorbell's battery level as an automation trigger.

Votes

a week ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.17

I would like to automate the charging of my spare battery pack using the battery level in the doorbell as a trigger, i.e. when the battery level drops below a selected level for example, 5%, switch on a plug with an attached spare battery pack with an auto off timer.

This would ensure the spare battery is always fully charged when needed. It would help to avoid camera down time and would encourage me to use more of the cameras functions such as multiple detection types and lights for colour night vision without the battery life being an issue. Battery replacement is a 10 second job at most and the dead battery could get plugged in to the charger ready to be triggered whenever it's needed.

This would be especially useful in the D230S1 as it cannot accept a solar panel for continuous charging.

Currently, the doorbell can trigger via motion detection and button press. The information for battery level is already measured and displayed within the app. Could this not work in a similar way to triggering automations via the temperature and humidity levels in the T310 and T315 sensors?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Camera or doorbell's battery level as an automation trigger.
Sunday

@ChrisP-1 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote and share your comments below.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 42

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.