Matter integration question

a week ago
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have purchased a few additional products to try out from Tapo, mainly due to support for Matter on plugs and H200 hub, which I have already connected and am trying out.

I am looking forward to expanding my purchase and need to know when Matter might be coming to Tapo S200B, L535 and L900 devices.

Currently I am using Home Assistant and noticed the support for S200B is non-existent yet, and L535 + L900 devices are fully over cloud. Using the S200B is a little slow, and so making these on Matter would greatly reduce the latency.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Matter integration question
a week ago

@Mandas 

From what I understand, Matter-certified devices require hardware certification to be supported, so the existing models (e.g. L900.) are unlikely to receive support through a software upgrade.

As for Tapo SubGHz devices, both the H100 and H200 currently support the Matter bridge. By connecting the hub, you can manage its sub-devices on the Matter platform, even if those devices do not natively support the Matter protocol.

The smart button is not a supported device type by Matter, so it is not available at the moment. Tapo L535E is a Matter-certified device.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 54

Replies: 1

Related Articles