TPLINK ER605 OMADA V2 (UN)

a week ago - last edited Sunday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.5

hello, 

is there a problem with the DHCP with this firmware version, because originally i bought 2.2.5 firmware version, then DHCP PROBLEM occurs, ive read some issues and downgraded to 2.2.1, but it is still the same issue, DHCP SERVER, there is IP ADDRESS, but it cant connect to the internet, but if i make it as STATIC IP, it is connected.

now, the problem, i cannot upgrade the firmware, can i use restore default factory to be back to its original 2.2.5?

and can anyone help me with the DHCP PROBLEM?

thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TPLINK ER605 OMADA V2 (UN)
Sunday

Hi @zsi 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no DHCP problem. I am not sure about your network diagram and environment. Please provide more information. Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post.

About the firmware upgrade, disconnect your WAN, and connect a computer to the LAN port. For more, refer to the Configuration Guide on the forum.

For more basic steps for a router, please read the User Guide(PDF on the official website) or Installation Guide inside your package.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Tuesday

@Clive_A 

good day sir, im doing the stand alone mode.

sorry im new here, but definitely ive read some post here at the community, this is i find the firmware version 2.1.2 for ER605 V2 DHCP PROBLEMS.

anyway, my current setup is internet provider modem > connected to TP-LINK AX1800 using static IP from provider, GW: 192.168.12.1 with DHCP range of 192.168.12.200 - 192.168.12.250, and right now, there is no problem here with the DHCP or STATIC IP in clients.

my problem is here at ER605 doing stand alone, theres no difference in our current setup, just configuring same IP from TPLINK AX1800 and connecting it to the internet provider modem, also with DHCP RANGE., im just tested in one computer only at the moment, if the client is on DHCP, the ER605 provide IP ADDRESS, but doesnt have an internet, but when its on STATIC IP, it does have an internet.

PS. ive tried upgrading the firmware via LAN, but it cant upgrade, theres an error. (ORIGINAL FIRMWARE 2.2.5)

Please help, ive provided some screenshots, thank you so much.

Options
Wednesday

Hi @zsi 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

zsi wrote

@Clive_A 

good day sir, im doing the stand alone mode.

sorry im new here, but definitely ive read some post here at the community, this is i find the firmware version 2.1.2 for ER605 V2 DHCP PROBLEMS.

anyway, my current setup is internet provider modem > connected to TP-LINK AX1800 using static IP from provider, GW: 192.168.12.1 with DHCP range of 192.168.12.200 - 192.168.12.250, and right now, there is no problem here with the DHCP or STATIC IP in clients.

my problem is here at ER605 doing stand alone, theres no difference in our current setup, just configuring same IP from TPLINK AX1800 and connecting it to the internet provider modem, also with DHCP RANGE., im just tested in one computer only at the moment, if the client is on DHCP, the ER605 provide IP ADDRESS, but doesnt have an internet, but when its on STATIC IP, it does have an internet.

PS. ive tried upgrading the firmware via LAN, but it cant upgrade, theres an error. (ORIGINAL FIRMWARE 2.2.5)

Please help, ive provided some screenshots, thank you so much.

Before you make an upgrade, I highly recommend you refer to the Release Note on the firmware page.

Please do not skip the version if you upgrade form an very old version.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Wednesday

@Clive_A 

Good day sir,

if im successful at the firmware upgrade, does the DHCP PROBLEM will be solve?

because my original firmware is 2.2.5 and its also have DHCP PROBLEMS.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 136

Replies: 4

Related Articles