slow speed (around 1Gb) on 10GbE ports when I activate a profile on the port

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.30.0 Build 20231019 Rel.60485

Hello,

I have a frustrating issue with the management site. Basically, when I use the default profile to the 10GbE ports, there isn't any speed problem, it communicates between the two ports aruond 6 Gigabits. But when I activate any other profile, even if it has the same configuration parameters, then the default, it slows down to 1Gigabits. I just created a whole new profile, without any active ACL, represents the same slowness. If I switch back to the default, it goes back to the 6 gigabits. 

How to solve this situation?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:slow speed (around 1Gb) on 10GbE ports when I activate a profile on the port
Monday

Hi @dzsc 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Might be helpful if you upgrade the firmware to the latest one?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/sg3428x/#Firmware

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Monday

@Clive_A Hello. thank you for your reply. I installed the 1.30.1 to the switch, but unfortunatelly it didn't solved the problem :( 

Options
Tuesday

Hi @dzsc 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

dzsc wrote

@Clive_A Hello. thank you for your reply. I installed the 1.30.1 to the switch, but unfortunatelly it didn't solved the problem :( 

Can you show me a picture of the link speed on the Omada Controller GUI? Is it linked to 10Gbps if you activate a different profile? Make sure you refresh the page.

What's the profile you tried with? Specific parameters for the port config. Screenshot needed.

How does this not-working profile compare to the default profile which works well? Screenshot needed.

If you are using a third-party module, you can try to set the profile negotiation mode to 10Gbps and apply it to the port and check again.

A simple diagram to show your current connection would be great. Models marked, please.

What's your controller version?

If you are familiar with the CLI, can you refer to the CLI User Guide and output the link speed of the port after you switch a problematic profile?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options