H200 firmware update failure?? killed itself???

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

I just bought this unit new with two cameras. Following manual I downloaded the android app and plugged the H200 into ethernet and power.. Phone app recognised it, went through setup and then recommended I do an update, I clicked to continue and green light went green/red flashing. After 30 minutes or so my phone said the update failed and the unit was still flashing. Left it another 20 minutes and no change, now if I power it off and back on it just goes right back to green/red flashing lights and can not be seen by the app anymore..

Is this bricked?

Is there a recovery process?

Options
3 Reply
Re:H200 firmware update failure?? killed itself???
2 weeks ago

@joele 

Looks like it is the last step in the configuration, the configuration cannot complete when the firmware update fails.

Try to reconnect the ethernet cable and re-do the configuration. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@joele Gave up after multiple restarts as couldn't get into it at all to redo configuration, left it 24 hours and turned back on and it was fine again.. weird flaky thing..

Options
a week ago

@joele 

Did you reset the hub? Use a pin to press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds until the hub led quickly blinks red.

If there is an SD card inserted, remove the SD card then perform the reset and reconfiguration.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 130

Replies: 3

Related Articles