Omada controller error: "The number of one-to-one NATs has reached the limit."

a week ago
Tags: #NAT #Controller Related #One-to-One NAT
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240308 Rel.75819

I am mapping 60 static ip's from my ISP to local machines.  After 32 records, I get the error: "The number of one-to-one NATs has reached the limit."

Questions:

1. Is this a known limitation on the ER8411 router or the Omada Controller [Omada_Controller_Windows_v5.14.26.1] ?
  2. Will a firmware update allow more?
  3. What else can I do to map the remaining 28 machines?

Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada controller error: "The number of one-to-one NATs has reached the limit."
a week ago

Hi @ecovalence 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Think that's the limits of the hardware of the router.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Omada controller error: "The number of one-to-one NATs has reached the limit."
a week ago

Update my previous reply:

A workaround might be to disable NAT. But currently, this is only available in standalone mode. Not adapted to the Omada Controller.

You can check out the solution label and find out more about this.

8411 will have a new beta firmware for the disable NAT(No NAT) function.

Please note that this will involve an adapted firmware, not just a controller update. Firmware development is a complex process, and timelines may change. Therefore, we cannot provide a specific release date at this time. Please stay tuned to future firmware release notes for updates.

When introducing a feature like this, we typically apply it uniformly across all models to ensure consistency and a seamless user experience.

However, it's essential to acknowledge that hardware limitations may exist, which might prevent us from adding the feature to certain models. In such cases, we cannot provide individual notifications explaining the reason. Please note that we cannot guarantee the fulfillment of all requests, and we must set clear expectations upfront.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

Thanks Clive.

I was hoping for some more concrete info.  I've read through the manual and datasheet of the ER8411, and can't find a NAT limitation anywhere.  I need this information to determine what to do next.  Buy another ER8411 (not really in the budget)?  Swap it out for a router that supports more NATs?  Try it in stand-alone mode and see if it's still limitted?

Is it worth trying the CLI to add another NAT?

Any more information &/or suggestions on how to attain our goal is much appreciated.

Options
a week ago

Hi @ecovalence 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ecovalence wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks Clive.

I was hoping for some more concrete info.  I've read through the manual and datasheet of the ER8411, and can't find a NAT limitation anywhere.  I need this information to determine what to do next.  Buy another ER8411 (not really in the budget)?  Swap it out for a router that supports more NATs?  Try it in stand-alone mode and see if it's still limitted?

Is it worth trying the CLI to add another NAT?

Any more information &/or suggestions on how to attain our goal is much appreciated.

It does not support more than 32. That's the limit. We have no intention to change this at this moment and from what it appears, it relates to the hardware.

No. There is no CLI for you to bypass any of the coded limitations.

Disable NAT, scheduled for the next V5.15.X release which can meet your expectation to allow the local device to travel without NAT bothering.

A new beta is gonna be released recently for the Disable NAT function in standalone if you are interested in trying that. Or consider a second 8411 or different solutions.

I don't see any other options for you to address this now. Listed are the options.

Options