First Time. Need Advise.

First Time. Need Advise.

First Time. Need Advise.
First Time. Need Advise.
2024-08-08 11:26:49 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:41:36

Hello. It is my first time making an an Omada based Network. I checked online video reviews and read the documentation. I need you guys advise before starting to do anything:

Network Design

To start with the EAP670 X 4 is available, connected and working fine. Also, the normal non smart switch. The current layout is different than the picture above. The plan is to buy the reset of the devices and do the layout above.

Second, in the new plan the access points are connected to each (Router and Switch) based on their locations. So all of them cant connect to one device.

The Goal once done is to have 5 VLAN with 5 SSID's

Questions.

1. Is the hardware that I selected are correct? The switch is right for the job required? As I mentioned it is my first time and I just want to confirm.

2. How can I configure the switch to work as I need? Should I do some configurations on the controller? network cable is enough to connect between them? Can I use SFP?

3. Since I will be having 5 SSID's, Can I specify the encryption for example on SSID's 0 and 10 to be WPA3 and the reset of the SSID's WPA2? Perhaps someone phones do have WPA3 support.

4. The print will be on VLAN ID 20, is it possible to connect to it from VLAN 0 and 10 and print? Note by default I will deny access from one VLAN to another except the printer if possible.

5. Is it possible to disable VPN connection for the clients?

6. The non smart switch should allow access to wired devices on VLAN 10, what should I do on the smart or the controller to do that?

7. The internet connectivity should be online 247. Suppose that I have two of the ER7212PC, is their a way to live backup the configuration from device A to B? and in the case of an issue, I can swap the first device with the second and connect the cable and works as it should?

I am researching online for information and the previous questions are the thing I didn't fine answer yet.

Please advise me and thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:First Time. Need Advise.-Solution
2024-08-09 06:36:16 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:41:36

Hi  @katana85 

Please see my answers below:

Is the hardware that I selected are correct? The switch is right for the job required? As I mentioned it is my first time and I just want to confirm.

>>>The switch can do that, that the configuration will be more complicated than using a SDN compatible switch. I will recommend SG2210MP or SG2428P instead.

How can I configure the switch to work as I need? Should I do some configurations on the controller? network cable is enough to connect between them? Can I use SFP?

>>>You situation is same as this article:  How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Since I will be having 5 SSID's, Can I specify the encryption for example on SSID's 0 and 10 to be WPA3 and the reset of the SSID's WPA2? Perhaps someone phones do have WPA3 support.

>>>Yes

The print will be on VLAN ID 20, is it possible to connect to it from VLAN 0 and 10 and print? Note by default I will deny access from one VLAN to another except the printer if possible.

>>>Yes, you can refer to this link to configure mDNS. How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Is it possible to disable VPN connection for the clients?

>>>Yes, if you don't need VPN function, just not touch the VPN tabs.

The non smart switch should allow access to wired devices on VLAN 10, what should I do on the smart or the controller to do that?

>>> You can configure the uplink port on the smart switch into VLAN10, after that, all clients on the non smart switch should be in VLAN10,

The internet connectivity should be online 247. Suppose that I have two of the ER7212PC, is their a way to live backup the configuration from device A to B? and in the case of an issue, I can swap the first device with the second and connect the cable and works as it should?

>>>What you need is to subscribe two Internet service, and plug the two Internet service provider into one router, and configure link backup on the Omada router. You don't need to ER7212PC.

Note: ER7212PC can only manage up to 2 Omada switches and 10 Omada access points at most. If you are planning to manage more SDN devices, you may consider replacing the ER7212PC with one OC200 and one ER605.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:First Time. Need Advise.-Solution
2024-08-09 06:36:16 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:41:36

Hi  @katana85 

Please see my answers below:

Is the hardware that I selected are correct? The switch is right for the job required? As I mentioned it is my first time and I just want to confirm.

>>>The switch can do that, that the configuration will be more complicated than using a SDN compatible switch. I will recommend SG2210MP or SG2428P instead.

How can I configure the switch to work as I need? Should I do some configurations on the controller? network cable is enough to connect between them? Can I use SFP?

>>>You situation is same as this article:  How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Since I will be having 5 SSID's, Can I specify the encryption for example on SSID's 0 and 10 to be WPA3 and the reset of the SSID's WPA2? Perhaps someone phones do have WPA3 support.

>>>Yes

The print will be on VLAN ID 20, is it possible to connect to it from VLAN 0 and 10 and print? Note by default I will deny access from one VLAN to another except the printer if possible.

>>>Yes, you can refer to this link to configure mDNS. How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Is it possible to disable VPN connection for the clients?

>>>Yes, if you don't need VPN function, just not touch the VPN tabs.

The non smart switch should allow access to wired devices on VLAN 10, what should I do on the smart or the controller to do that?

>>> You can configure the uplink port on the smart switch into VLAN10, after that, all clients on the non smart switch should be in VLAN10,

The internet connectivity should be online 247. Suppose that I have two of the ER7212PC, is their a way to live backup the configuration from device A to B? and in the case of an issue, I can swap the first device with the second and connect the cable and works as it should?

>>>What you need is to subscribe two Internet service, and plug the two Internet service provider into one router, and configure link backup on the Omada router. You don't need to ER7212PC.

Note: ER7212PC can only manage up to 2 Omada switches and 10 Omada access points at most. If you are planning to manage more SDN devices, you may consider replacing the ER7212PC with one OC200 and one ER605.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 1

Related Articles