Need guidance on TP link ER605

2024-07-12 11:28:53

I currently have an Archer BE900 as the primary router and 4 tp Link decos extending the network. I have an ACT Fibernet over PPOE connection and a Jio fiber which comes with a router. 

I am planning to get a TP Link ER605 load balancing router so that I can set the Jio as the backup Internet in case ACT fails. 

I have a question that if I am using ER605 will I be able to configure 1 WAN port on it as a PPOE connection and another WAN port as an access point. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need guidance on TP link ER605
2024-07-14 11:47:47

Hi @vikrams 

Not very sure about the description on another WAN as Access Point. Can you explain more about it?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-14 14:17:04

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Thank you for your response. I want to connect two routers to the load balance that is ER605. My question is will I be able to connect one router Archer BE900 in "wireless router" operation mode and another router Archer AX7 in "Access point" mode. 

Options
2024-07-15 01:11:34

Hi @vikrams 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

vikrams wrote

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Thank you for your response. I want to connect two routers to the load balance that is ER605. My question is will I be able to connect one router Archer BE900 in "wireless router" operation mode and another router Archer AX7 in "Access point" mode. 

In a network, you want to avoid NAT as much as possible. Both mentioned devices are our home routers but they can be set in different modes. That's correct.

However, if you wish to use the BE900 as the main router, that's possible.

The diagram should be ISPs---ER605---BE900---Any sort of APs you have.

On the ER605, it is best to set the BE900's WAN IP address in the DMZ on ER605.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 3

Related Articles