SG3210X-M2 just magically stopped working this morning

SG3210X-M2 just magically stopped working this morning

15 Reply
Re:SG3210X-M2 just magically stopped working this morning
2024-05-09 21:30:33

@Schmuckster 

That's too bad. Which firmware did you have running on it? 

It's strange, I was going to box up my switch and send it for RMA, but then decided to test it again. All of a sudden the ports started working again. Some of the issues I've experienced with this switch are just strange. I'm really hoping the firmware update addressed some of the issues I was experiencing.

Options
2024-05-09 21:37:39

@G0tta_be_KD 

It was latest firmware I could update to through Omada controller... 1.0.1... But I've removed it from the controller now so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Options
2024-05-09 21:42:05

@Schmuckster 

I'd assume it's still 1.0.1 even if you removed it from the controller. There's no reason for that to downgrade if it's used as a standalone switch.

TP-Link indicated to me that they wouldn't receive new/replacement switches for a few weeks, so I'd have to wait a bit for the replacement. Hopefully you get your replacement right away.

Options
2024-05-09 21:54:04
Ya hopefully I get it replaced quickly but they did say it was backordered so we'll see, stuck spare gigabit unmanaged in for now. 😢
Options
2024-05-10 02:27:04

Hi @G0tta_be_KD 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

G0tta_be_KD wrote

@Clive_A 

I was previously connecting directly to the switch to manage it. Last night I setup an Omada Controller and added the switch to it so I could manage it through that. Immediately, I noticed there was a pending firmware update. The firmware version for the switch was 1.0.1 Build 20231013 Rel.69747.

Why is this firmware update not available on the TP-Link support page for the switch? Will future updates only be available through the Omada controller, or will they be made available on the TP-Link site? Also, where can I find release notes for firmware update 1.0.1 Build 20231013 Rel.69747?

Confirmed with the web team. They have put this 1.0.1 on the web now. There is no issue with the firmware.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options