ER605 VLANS BLOCKING COMMUNICATION EACH OTHER

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-26 14:48:25 - last edited 2023-12-27 03:45:35
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2

Hello guys!! I have created 3 vlans in different ethernet ports and works perfectly.

But how i can block communication of vlans each other.

im using omada software controller and i dont have a separete switch.only the er605 router.

i have tried ACL LAN TO LAN DENY source a vlan destination other vlan but when i ping a vlan to an other

i have success ping.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605 VLANS BLOCKING COMMUNICATION EACH OTHER-Solution
2023-12-27 01:12:05 - last edited 2023-12-27 03:45:35

Hi @lefterissim 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You should search this classic setup on the official website where you can find it.

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-28 11:43:48 - last edited 2024-01-02 09:45:14

@lefterissim 

well!! im owning an apologie!!! yes acl working well, i pinged a device in a vlan and request timed out.

also i noticed that didnt need a acl rule because also i cant ping the devices that are in a vlan network as would be!

strange that i ping with succes only the gateway but for me is ok!!the vlans work as would be, isolated without also an acl rule!

thanks for you pention and honestly im sorry if i insult somebody!!

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:ER605 VLANS BLOCKING COMMUNICATION EACH OTHER
2023-12-27 00:46:42
E605v1 and ER7212 cannot. With latest firmware the ER605v2 and ER7206 may be able to implement ACLs. I had to buy switches for my pile of ER605v1s 😞
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-12-27 01:12:05 - last edited 2023-12-27 03:45:35

Hi @lefterissim 

You should search this classic setup on the official website where you can find it.

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-27 03:44:00

@Clive_A 

I have tried also in standalone mode but the results are the same.any vlan can ping the other.so as I understand I must buy a switch. I'm really disapoint! With Mikrotik routers you can do everything. I think is last time I buy TP-Link products.which the reason to create vlans if you can't isolate them. Thanks for your reply!!

Options
2023-12-27 04:03:07 - last edited 2023-12-27 04:06:25

Hi @lefterissim 

lefterissim wrote

@Clive_A 

I have tried also in standalone mode but the results are the same.any vlan can ping the other.so as I understand I must buy a switch. I'm really disapoint! With Mikrotik routers you can do everything. I think is last time I buy TP-Link products.which the reason to create vlans if you can't isolate them. Thanks for your reply!!

Hold the horses. Don't get upset before you even learn about our stuff. I don't know why people get frustrated with this device and this price tag. You don't even try to learn about this stuff and you become frustrated, if so, just return it if you play around with it and you don't like it. There is no point in making such comments as it means nothing to me. This is the place where we offer guidance and discussion.

You started this without any config or guide you've followed. This is the most basic feature and has been around for years now. I've helped with internal training before and this setup has been done by me and the students for many times. VLAN interfaces don't block until you set up the ACL. ACL is also easy and straightforward.

I don't get this issue with models ER605 V1 and ER706W-4G in my lab. So how do you configure it?

Options
2023-12-27 04:18:11

@Clive_A 

Sorry!! You have a point but I'm frustrated.im looking for a solution 2 days now. I have the router in standalone mode now with out the controller software. I have created 2 vlans tagged in lan1 (bridge) and I have unttaged them in each ethernet port I have choose.works perfectly. In ACL section I have created 2 rules. Deny action protocols all direction lan to lan. For source the one network vlan and destination the other.and the second rule is the same but right versa the source and destination. Did you see something wrong?

Options
2023-12-27 04:39:12 - last edited 2024-01-02 09:45:12

Hi @lefterissim 

ACL is effective.

First ping is effective. Second ping is done when I removed the ACL so first two pings in the second try was not through. Third try is when it is removed.

Options
2023-12-27 08:06:26

@Clive_A 

I'm doing the same thing exactly.i have success ping all time.but mine router is er605, so maybe is a firmware bug or ACL isn't effective in tha model.

Options
2023-12-28 02:44:57

Hi @lefterissim 

lefterissim wrote

@Clive_A 

I'm doing the same thing exactly.i have success ping all time.but mine router is er605, so maybe is a firmware bug or ACL isn't effective in tha model.

No. The system is basically the same and you are the only one who came to the forum recently reporting "ACL is not working". I would prefer this is your issue. 

Then what's the IP did you ping?

You will be able to ping any VLAN interface gateway. In my example, 10.2.3.1 is pingable but not the rest of IP. 

Options
2023-12-28 05:22:43

@Clive_A 

Oh!!! To be honest I ping only the gateway.i will ping a device connected to vlan and I will inform you.thanks for your help.

Options
2023-12-28 11:43:48 - last edited 2024-01-02 09:45:14

@lefterissim 

well!! im owning an apologie!!! yes acl working well, i pinged a device in a vlan and request timed out.

also i noticed that didnt need a acl rule because also i cant ping the devices that are in a vlan network as would be!

strange that i ping with succes only the gateway but for me is ok!!the vlans work as would be, isolated without also an acl rule!

thanks for you pention and honestly im sorry if i insult somebody!!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1195

Replies: 10

Related Articles