I have two internet devices. I want to use one for download speed and the other for upload speed.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I have two internet devices. I want to use one for download speed and the other for upload speed.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-25 14:28:57 - last edited 2023-12-26 01:05:08
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have two internet devices; one of them has better upload speed, and the other has better download speed. I want to use one for download speed and the other for upload speed with an ER605 device. I need help. I have connected two of my modems to my ER605 router; however, I don't have any idea about these kinds of things. I just want to stream on Twitch with OBS, and OBS has an option to choose IP addresses to stream; however, when I try to choose an IP address for streaming, there is only one. How can I choose the internet connection which has better upload speed? Do I have to create two different internet IP's on my router? Can you guys please help me?

Options
5 Reply
Re:I have two internet devices. I want to use one for download speed and the other for upload speed.
2023-12-26 02:49:30

Hi @Melehte 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Specify what IP address you mean on the OBS with a screenshot. I guess it is the private IP address? You should mosaic parts of the IP if it is public.

It is possible if you have two computers and you use one computer to push the stream to the Twich server with bandwidth with the higher upload. And another computer uses the high download WAN.

It is not possible to separate up and download on a single computer.

Or leave it on auto because the load balancing algorithm works behind the scenes without anything configured.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:I have two internet devices. I want to use one for download speed and the other for upload speed.
2023-12-26 06:22:25 - last edited 2023-12-26 06:24:00

@Clive_A Thanks for answering. By IP. I meant this.

Question / Help - Bind to IP [Problem] [Help] | OBS Forums

I can choose an IP for streams for upload speed on OBS. I just need the internet that has the best upload speed here. If I play the game with the better upload speed internet modem, then my game has lots of pings, and when I try to stream with the internet that has the better download speed, I can't share my streams because it only has 5 MB of upload speed, whereas the better upload speed internet modem has around 30 MB of upload speed. That's why I thought ER605 could help me. Isn't there any way to show two IP addresses on OBS? I just have to stream with the one that has a better upload speed and play the games that has better download speed.

Options
2023-12-26 06:53:14

Hi @Melehte 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Melehte wrote

@Clive_A Thanks for answering. By IP. I meant this.

Question / Help - Bind to IP [Problem] [Help] | OBS Forums

I can choose an IP for streams for upload speed on OBS. I just need the internet that has the best upload speed here. If I play the game with the better upload speed internet modem, then my game has lots of pings, and when I try to stream with the internet that has the better download speed, I can't share my streams because it only has 5 MB of upload speed, whereas the better upload speed internet modem has around 30 MB of upload speed. That's why I thought ER605 could help me. Isn't there any way to show two IP addresses on OBS? I just have to stream with the one that has a better upload speed and play the games that has better download speed.

It is not helping me to understand OBS. I use OBS but I don't have the chance to use dual IP addresses.

My question is the IP address you see on the OBS, what is that IP? Is it LAN IP? If so, you cannot have two different IP addresses listed unless you add a new IP to your computer.

There might be a way to work around it but you don't seem to provide the information I'd like to know so I can give some insights.

P.S. WindowsOS can add multiple gateways, DNS servers and IPs. But you need to metric them or configure static routing on your system. I will not explain this part as it's beyond my duty. If you set multiple IP and routing, they are working as expected, you may set up the Policy Routing on the router to separate the traffic. To learn more about Policy Routing, you can Google it.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-12-26 07:20:54

@Clive_A That OBS setting is in Settings > Advanced > Network > Bind to IP. Is this possible, sir? Thanks for your answers already; that means a lot.

Options
2023-12-28 03:22:39

Hi  @Melehte 

Melehte wrote

I have two internet devices; one of them has better upload speed, and the other has better download speed. I want to use one for download speed and the other for upload speed with an ER605 device. I need help. I have connected two of my modems to my ER605 router; however, I don't have any idea about these kinds of things. I just want to stream on Twitch with OBS, and OBS has an option to choose IP addresses to stream; however, when I try to choose an IP address for streaming, there is only one. How can I choose the internet connection which has better upload speed? Do I have to create two different internet IP's on my router? Can you guys please help me?

So you added the picture to explain the IP thing in the OBS. 

My question is is this IP address coming from the private IP subnet?

192.168.0.1 or 172.16. or 10.? That matters. As far as I can tell, it seem to be you have multiple NIC on your computer? They are supposed to be private IP address on your list?

On my gaming PC at home, it only shows "default" because I only have one wired NIC. 

Like I said earlier, if you have two NICs on your PC and you get two different LAN IP addresses, you can set up policy routing to determine what traffic flow through which WAN. But you cannot determine the upload and download. e.g. if you set one NIC to flow WAN/LAN1, it will use both up and download on WAN/LAN1. So if this is OBS, OBS will use this WAN alone to upload and download. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 5

Related Articles