Votes

When sharing webcams with my family members they cannot see the cloud videos.

Votes

2023-11-11 05:24:25 - last edited 2024-08-22 07:13:43

How do I fix that?

• I have two Tapo C100 webcams. 
  • I have just bought one year premium to apprx 150 $
  • Everything is working perfect, expect that my family members cannot see the cloud videos in their app

Br. Ask
Options
11 Reply
Re:When sharing webcams with my family members they cannot see the cloud videos.
2023-11-13 09:42:35 - last edited 2023-11-13 09:42:49

@AshAsInAsk 

Hi,
The shared account has limited access to the Tapo camera, and it's unable to see the cloud video clips of the camera.

I have moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same feature request, they can vote on this thread or leave a comment here.

Best Regards

Options
Re:When sharing webcams with my family members they cannot see the cloud videos.
2023-11-13 16:26:47

@Solla-topee Is there an open API to retrive the videos in the cloud?

Br. Ask
Options
RE:When sharing webcams with my family members they cannot see the cloud videos.
2023-11-13 16:27:16
A must have for the cloud solution IMO
Br. Ask
Options
RE:When sharing webcams with my family members they cannot see the cloud videos.
2023-11-15 06:57:06

@AshAsInAsk 
Hi,
We do not have an open API that can provide to retrieve the cloud video clips. An Alternative solution is to share your owner account with your family, but in this scenario, they will be able to change the camera settings.
Best Regards

Options
2024-08-22 08:44:46

@Solla-topee 

Hello i also activate Tapo Care and i was suprise shared accounts to device ( my familly members) don't have access to video cloud savings.

Will be awsome if TP link add Access to cloud saving feature for shared device account to all tapo cameras. For sure more ppl will buy a tapo care plan after that.

I use in total 7 cameras from tapo in my home and my family home. And without this feature i dont seen reason to buy tapo care plan anymore. And i need invest everywhere in micro sd card. But this is not perfect solution as cloud saving.

Options
2024-08-27 22:28:22

@Solla-topee 

I just installed a C425 (battery operated - magnetic mount) camera and it is working as expected.  However because it is battery operated, the live cam feed is only available while we are at home - there is no way to stream. I understand that would be a bigger battery draw, but I could install the solar panel to handle that. 

That means the only "away from home" option to see anything is the cloud videos. And that is OK (although not ideal).  I can see the important stuff.

So me and trusty smartphone are good to go, but my wife is left out in the cold. 

I can add her as a family member, but she cannot see the cloud videos.

I logged her smartphone into TAPO using my TP-Link ID and password, but the camera does not show up and when I try to add it, the app wants to start from the very beginning with it's own WiFI network etc.  I do not know why the TAPO on her phone app didn't instantly show the camera, but it doesn't.

In summary, one device (Pixel 6 pro) is working as designed and no other devices (like my wife's Pixel 6 Pro) can access the camera.

Bummer....

Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
2024-08-28 05:49:14

@EdwardHouston 

Hi,
Typically, if you have set up the Tapo camera successfully, including the battery camera, you can manage it or stream its live feed with the Tapo app locally and remotely.

The problem you report is different from the one on the original post, it's suggested to start a new thread here to post your question with the following information.
1. Send me(@Solla-topee) the camera's MAC address via a private message.
2. When watching the camera's live feed remotely, is it displayed offline on the Tapo app?
3. What's the LED status on the camera?

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-28 18:43:16
It seems to be working now. Apparently I needed to wait a day, but I am not sure why. Of course my wife cannot see the recordings, and I add my vote for that as a new feature.
Options
2024-08-28 19:27:16
Family members need basic view functions for recordings.
Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee I already regret buying tapo cameras, the only reason I bought it was to make sure that both my wife and I were able to ensure our kids are safe at home. This feature is such a no brainer for families that it never occurred to me it wouldn't be available. I am never buying tplink products again... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 534

Replies: 11

Voters 4