omada vpn client only for 1 vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 01:20:29 - last edited 2023-10-27 05:41:02
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

new to omada and sitll waiting for my gear to arrive but wanted to look up how to do this:

setup er605 as vpn client but use that vpn connection only for 1 vlan.

the rest of the vlans still using the non-vlan connection.

is that possible?

i do have 2 WAN connections, so if required, i can route the vpn connection to a dedicated ISP if needed.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:omada vpn client only for 1 vlan-Solution
2023-10-27 01:41:33 - last edited 2023-10-27 05:41:02

Hi @snoop-snoop 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

OVPN/WireGuard VPN cannot do Policy Routing now. L2TP can.

It is not routing the VPN to the ISP. It is routing your LAN to a certain ISP or VPN tunnel.

How to configure Policy Routing on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:omada vpn client only for 1 vlan-Solution
2023-10-27 01:41:33 - last edited 2023-10-27 05:41:02

Hi @snoop-snoop 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

OVPN/WireGuard VPN cannot do Policy Routing now. L2TP can.

It is not routing the VPN to the ISP. It is routing your LAN to a certain ISP or VPN tunnel.

How to configure Policy Routing on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:omada vpn client only for 1 vlan
2023-10-27 01:53:12

you learn something new each day!

am clearly a newb with networking. i appreciate clearing that up.

that link is helpful. thank you.

the use case i had in mind is for a dedicated vlan for our smart TVs. setup those vpns so we can access shows from other regions when we feel like it. lol

with that use case, i guess enabling the vpn on one ISP and having the tv vlan use that vpn tunnel would achieve the same result.

thank you.

if you got a more elegant way of doing this, am all earrs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 2

Related Articles