How can I turn off a wan port if it loses internet connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 13:54:47
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two internet connections with their own ISP-provided routers and I'm connecting both to the ER707-M2 and using it to balance traffic between the two. However every now and then one of the connections breaks and due to the load balancing it causes issues for the whole network.

I'd like to set it up so the ER707-M2 pings something like google.com through each of the Wan ports and shuts it down if it can't reach it. It would also be nice if I could make it send me an alert when this happens, so I can investigate what's causing the issue.

Is there already a way to configure this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How can I turn off a wan port if it loses internet connection?
2023-10-19 06:03:20

@SMQ 

Sounds like you need "Link Backup" when this issue happens. This function will use the backup line when the primary line breaks up.

If you use Controller to manage the router, you can set "Alert Emails" in Logs, so when a link breaks you can get an email about it.

If you need, I will paste a link about these two functions.

Options